susanbb Posted May 26, 2009 Author Share Posted May 26, 2009 I think that tonight's the night when "Stavros Flatley" are in the building. YAAAY Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted May 26, 2009 Share Posted May 26, 2009 Oh dear! **Click** I think its a shame he says hos dancing will make him loads of money too not quite the innocent bumbling pensioner we had him pegged as Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
susanbb Posted May 26, 2009 Author Share Posted May 26, 2009 Stavros Flatley "rocked" the building Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clootie Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Stavros Flatley to win Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Krysia Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 I didn't think they were half as funny as their 1st audition, maybe it was all the hype was too hard to live up to. Can I ask your honest opinions on floral highnotes please. I have known both Helena and Ian for along time and normally for an evenings entertainment Ian talks about a show when he saw it in america or london the flowers he is using ans when he saw them growing naturally in Africa or singapore or wherever then Helena sings while he finishes his display. Its a wonderful evening and the flowers are then raffled off, I love it BUT don;t think it is the dame as a stand alone act. Those of us from the Amateur operatic society that know them are split in our support for the act for the royal variery and I k now you guys will be honest (Don;t worry I won't tell them just wondering how the public saw it as they definitely had a mixed audience reaction!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Krysia, I think people attending the variety type performances expect more 'excitement' in the acts. I don't think they would really be suitable for that. But for an evenings entrtainment, especially if you were into flowers and opera, I can imagine them being very good. I've noticed that seeing someone 'live' is very, very different than seeing them on TV - you just don't get the same rapport with them. I struggle to watch classical concerts on TV, but love going to a live concert. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bantambabe Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Have to say, I can't see what the Susan Boyle hype is about. I thought she was very mediocre on Monday night and she only got through because of the hype. Saw this today: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1188694/Susan-Boyle-stuns-hotel-guests-foul-mouthed-letter-rant-Piers-praises-schoolboy-Shaheen.html Maybe she's not the innocent she would have had us believe? We're voting for Diversity at the moment; although I'm looking forward to seeing Julian Smith again (saxophonist) - he's my friend's saxophone teacher and she says he's a lovely bloke. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Well being married to a Cypriot I will have to vote for Stavros and so. I love the sons little mince. i cannot believe they are so tubby as |Greek dancing is very energetic, cracked up when the dad said he'd been working out. i just hope laki the son doesnt get bullied because hes a little chubby. i have to say with Greek men as they grow old fat always goes to tum - hence the Greek tummy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Well being married to a Cypriot I will have to vote for Stavros and so. I love the sons little mince. i cannot believe they are so tubby as |Greek dancing is very energetic, cracked up when the dad said he'd been working out. i just hope laki the son doesnt get bullied because hes a little chubby. i have to say with Greek men as they grow old fat always goes to tum - hence the Greek tummy I said the exact same thing about Laki after watching them last night. Children can be so cruel That said he must be quite self confident to go on the stage never mind being bare chested so fingers crossed he is ok. They get my vote too very very funny and they have got such a lovely relationship Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 I hope so to, i think i read the little girl Natalie had been bullied. Laki's brave as teens abd pre teens very conscious of their body image. The closeness is lovely - greek dads are very demonstrative - OH calls everyone darling even the cat and I'm sure before you all say anything british dads are the same. Don't want to be linched Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 I know where you are coming from - their relationship is a joy to see. I was nearly in tears last night when Demetrious (sp) thanked Laki for asking him to dance with him. Really lovely Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 I WAS in tears! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 I WAS in tears! Me too but I wasn't going to admit it on here til somebody else had Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 The little lad Shaheen had me off when he started to cry about how sad he was being in the "vote off" with the dance group......poor chap. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 I think I was worse with Nathan the little lad who drummed to Wipe Out on Saturday night. I was already crying by the end of his audition never mind when he didn't get through Ashley just looked at me like I was losing the plot Kids are so cynical Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 The little lad Shaheen had me off when he started to cry about how sad he was being in the "vote off" with the dance group......poor chap. yup I was crying then too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Nathan was robbed! he should have got through, he was awesome! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Nathan was robbed! he should have got through, he was awesome! Yeah he should have got through. I can't understand for the life of me how he didn't yet Nick Hell did I bet we will see more of Nathan though. If he has got to that level in 12 months he will be absolutely incredible in a few more years Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 he was so good I cried at his audition :lol: I think I cry too much actually Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
susanbb Posted May 27, 2009 Author Share Posted May 27, 2009 I got upset over Jamie Pugh. I sooo wanted him to do well. In the ideal world, I'd love to see him come back next year having conquered his nerves and blow them all away Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 he was so good I cried at his audition :lol: I think I cry too much actually me too It's not necessarily a bad thing apart from ending up with pink eyes . Shows you care Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Panda eyes more like cos you dont wear waterproof mascara. I always look like a pig when I cry Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 Panda eyes more like cos you dont wear waterproof mascara. I always look like a pig when I cry You speak for yourself!!! ROFL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 27, 2009 Share Posted May 27, 2009 *spits coffee at screen* Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...