The Dogmother

Hallowe'en pumpkin

Anyone in Devon??

It was on the radio yesterday....Paignton Zoo are asking for donations unwanted pumpkins!! (Carved or otherwise).

Apparently Elephants like to play football with them and then eat them.

Brilliant bit of recycling!!

Darn it, yes I am, but my pumpkins have already gone in the recycling!

Now that Halloween is over I just got the bargain of the week. Nipped to Asda principally for a t-shirt for Immi (a whole other story :roll: ) and couldn't resist buying 2 large pumpkins, football sized the both of them and reduced to.... wait for it.......1p each :shock:

I only had tiny home-grown pumpkins for our Jack o' Lanterns this year, and there was only enough flesh from them to make a batch of (very scrummy) corn bread, so I thought that I was going to be pumpkin soup-less this year :( , well not likely now, just going to print off Barbara's recipe to give that a try :dance::dance: .

I like ginger, so have added a generous amount, so I'm hoping that I've not overdone it :? First batch of soup is cooking as we speak, but I didn't have enough carrots to cook both pumpkins today. If I can remember to stick the breadmaker on tomorrow morning before I go to work we'll be able to get home to a quick and easy evening meal of gallons of soup and freshly made bread 8)

I think the 2nd pumpkin will need cooking and freezing for another day :D

Hmmm, roasted sounds good, I might try that with the remaining pumpkin, or I had a great recipe last year for sage and pumpkin risotto...... decisions.... decisions :wink:

The soup is delicious btw, couldn't resist a quick sample and I think that I judged the ginger just right. Remains to be seen what Seb and Imy make of it though :?:roll: