seriously funky chicken

DEATHS IN THE FAMILY...... *sniff*

I'm so sorry I'm so late in catching up with this thread, but just want to add some hugs to the others you have received Anna.

Give yourself a bit of time to get over your shock and you'll be better prepared to make a decison.

The fox watch does work. Our neighbour has one on the other side to fence where our chickens are.

I'm not sure of the make, but it we can hear very clearly in our garden - and I understood us humans weren't supposed to hear it at a certain frequency. Unfortunatly, it has stopped the chickens laying eggs - - but we don't get foxes anymore.

Big Squeezes xxx

That's interesting Gina, beacuse when I visited Twiglet and saw her Foxwatch, you couldn't hear it at all :?

My hens have all stopped laying too, but they're moulting like mad so that's the reason for them stopping. Apparently the long hot summer and the warm autumn has caused an egg shortage (according to the papers), so that could be the reason that some chooks have stopped laying.

Mine's silent too, unless you get right up to it, where you can hear a slight crackling sort of noise. Maybe your neighbours have a different version? A house down our lane has a mole deterrant and that's just so loud its ridiculous. The old lady who lives there is deaf, but it would drive me mad!