Sara-W

Domestic fowl trust

Hi I was thinking of visiting the Domestic Fowl Trust this week with the children (now who could have come up with that idea!! :whistle: ) and was wondering if anyone's been and what it is like?

Sara x

(cube purple)(Bluebelle) Endora (Bluebelle) Sally Henny Penny (Bluebelle) Esme

GNR Evelyn GNR Sybil GNR Enid GNR Queenie GNR Mildred GNR Agatha

(green eglu)(duck) Delilah (white duck) Jemimah (white duck) Lola

(green eglu) Hopefully not empty for long!!

Thank you :D I knew someone would come up with something better! :D Wernlas looks fab and is not as far to travel!! Just have to convince everyone else now :think:

Sara x

GNR Evelyn GNR Sybil GNR Enid GNR Queenie GNR Mildred GNR Agatha

(green eglu) Hopefully not empty for long!!

Hi Sara,

I know that there are waiting lists for most breeds at Wernlas. I went to pick my girls up a fortnight ago, was tempted by a few other breeds, but they didn't have any of them available. So if you are going in the hope of coming home with a few, Wernlas might not be the best bet. Although you could always ring ahead :whistle:

Now that is a thought..... :wink:

I was interested in the silver lazed appalenzer (sp), but they have an 18 month waiting list :shock:

The silkies were super cute aswell. I could have come home with loads :D However, I only came home with the 4 I had ordered and my friends Rhode Island Red, no extras :(

I was interested in the silver lazed appalenzer (sp), but they have an 18 month waiting list :shock:

I was lucky enough to phone on the day they disbanded a breeding pen and ended up with a stunning silver Appenzeller

I went to the Domestic Fowl Trust tent at the Royal show and spent quite a bit in there, if you are looking for equipment and bits and pieces they have a better range than Wernlas but Wernlas is the place to go to drool over pens of chickens :D

Gobbetts Rare Breeds Farm Rare breeds farm

Gobbetts Farm, Farlow, FO, Cleobury Mortimer

this place isn't far from wernlas if you after some were else to take the kids not been there so don't know what its like i saw it mentioned elsewere then saw it sign posted when i went to wernlas

it used to have a web site but googles not listing it

Went to the Domestic fowl trust today and I thought it was pretty horrific to be honest. Dead chickens in the pens (saw at least 3 in different pens) a dead chick in the booder and lots of the chickens and ducks had no water or food. This included the tiny ducklings who were obviously desperate for a drink. I couldn't stand it so I filled their water container for them and they went barmy.

I left feeling very sad and worrying about half of the little babies!

Oh no :( How shocking I think I would be traumatised to see such a sight :cry: There is no excuse for it I feel very sad for all the chickens/ducks and their babies poor things :(

Sara

GNR Evelyn GNR Enid GNR Sybil GNR Queenie GNR Mildred GNR Agatha

(green eglu) Empty at the moment!

We bought 2 chickens from the Domestic Fowl Trust a couple of years back. We were not impressed either, it was a hot day and some of the pens had no water. They handled the birds that we bought very roughly and the ones that were for sale were crammed into small cages and panting. We also got little or no advice despite asking several things.

We have just bought 5 new girls from Cotswold chickens near Chipping Norton and Poultry park in Newent Gloucestershire. Both places had much better welfare and the birds were handled efficiently with as little upset as possible.

Went to the Domestic fowl trust today and I thought it was pretty horrific to be honest. Dead chickens in the pens (saw at least 3 in different pens) a dead chick in the booder and lots of the chickens and ducks had no water or food. This included the tiny ducklings who were obviously desperate for a drink. I couldn't stand it so I filled their water container for them and they went barmy.

I left feeling very sad and worrying about half of the little babies!

We've been quite a few times as it is nearby - we've found the same :( We only go now if we need something from the shop in a hurry. They are very defensive if you try to say anything so we've given up :( I was hoping things had changed :(

THe domectic fowl trust was a nice family day out when we went with park ect.. However I would never buy birds from there ever again. Three of the four that I bought there had very bad scaly leg and one had been serverly pecked and my cockerel needed antibotics shortly after having him. He is in sick bay agin now.