Guest chookiehen

Edinburgh Get Together.

Which date would be better for you?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would be better for you?

• First Saturday in March
    • First Saturday in April

Have lots of fun and take lots of pictures! :D

No sorry, cameras will be banned this weekend - I need to retain my air of mysticism some how.... :lol:

Just got this info sent to me via email from Virgin.

Hope it is of use for those travelling to the do this weekend! :D

Following last Friday’s tragic accident in Cumbria, we would like to advise you of some changes to our services.

Services through the Preston to Carlisle area are operating on a revised timetable:

Replacement coaches are operating direct between Preston and Carlisle (both directions) and between Lancaster and Carlisle serving Oxenholme and Penrith (both directions).

Please click below for full details of our revised timetables

http://jm01.co.uk/rsp01/r2.php?b=1&5956862/210916549/5956866/T/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.virgintrains.com

Services on other Virgin Trains routes are not affected.

If you bought a ticket before Saturday 24 February and no longer wish to travel you can get a full refund from where you bought it.

Customers holding Advance purchase tickets affected by the incident may travel earlier than their booked train on the day of departure thus enabling them to complete their journey on time. This will apply until further notice.

GNER, TransPennine and Northern will be accepting Virgin Trains tickets until further notice. If you have to take a different Virgin Trains route to complete your journey, your ticket will be valid on any of our services. For any further information about your journey, contact National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 4950 or visit nationalrail.co.uk Please keep checking our website for any future updates.

The thoughts of everyone at Virgin Trains are with the family of Margaret Masson who was tragically killed in the accident and those who remain in hospital.

We would like to extend our thanks and appreciation to everyone who has contacted us with messages of support. We are committed to working closely with other train operating companies and all our partners in the industry, particularly Network Rail, to ensure that this never happens again.

*rushes in with camera....*

Here you go - two photos to whet your appetite!

DSCF0003.jpg

Here's the gang - we took over the top of one of those sight-seeing buses, and did the sights!

DSCF0007.jpg

Then we stopped at the castle espanade, and did the 'Omlet' shot.... :lol:

Bet they are having a great time.

I should have been there :( I hate work :evil:

I feel really sorry for you Ali. :( The only meet-up even vaguely near to you and you can't go because of work. That's a real :evil:

At least you still have the forum :)8)