I have a look at the new Go and I cant really see the need for it. The run look more complicated to put together and price is not that different to the classic.

I think Omlet lets its self down sometimes with the cost of the extras, for example the run extensions are far to expensive for the they actually are.

That said I am upgrading to a cube next year, but i would never get rid of my Eglu is a design classic and to useful to sell away, if I have sick girl to look after.

The general prices of all the Eglu, Cubes have come down which is good. I have had a look at the link to other "Egg Cube", and I was impressed with their prices. As they are only a 30 min drive from my house I may have a close look and report back.

This company does not seem to offer the support that Omlet offers, or the hen parties etc.

Without seeing it the run seems to be in more sections, therefore relying more on run clips - the weak point. I think the two skins look as though they would let creepy crawlies live between the two skins and the back door - it is difficult to see, but the lock doesn't seem so deeply recessed as the egg ports - could a fox get its teeth around it? Plus the nesting box is very low - my lot would sleep in it and get it dirty. For now I prefer the 'classic', but would love to hear reports from those that have purchase a Go.

Tracy

My green go has arrived a day early :dance:

It is much larger than i had anticipated, didn't do any measuring :roll: , so it looks like we will have to extend the WIR to make it fit - such a shame :D means i can have more hens in the spring! I feel both :oops: and very clever in my own way at the same time.

My green go has arrived a day early :dance:

It is much larger than i had anticipated, didn't do any measuring :roll: , so it looks like we will have to extend the WIR to make it fit - such a shame :D means i can have more hens in the spring! I feel both :oops: and very clever in my own way at the same time.

Oooh, how exciting :) Wonder if mine will come a day early.

Ok, I have a yellow Eglu Go, it arrived this morning. My first impressions are as follows:-

a) If I had never owned an Eglu this could put me off, it is fiddly to construct, feels flimsy compared to the cube and classic, the cube is virtually flat pack so that can't be the reason...I think it is the brittle feel to the plastic and the twin-skin thing.

b) Can not see the point of interchangeable skins, it makes the GO inclined to feel thin and wobbly.

c) Mine will be joined to a WIR, I would not fancy moving it with a run attached or alone as it doesn't feel strong enough to withstand much moving, the screws that fix the drag bar are small and thin, there is also a slightly gappy inderside section below the door which I think could catch and break.

d) On the plus side I think it will be easier to clean the droppings tray than the classic

e) The feeders....well why change a good design :doh: ?? The glug ad grub are excellent, the new ones I am not convinced by, the new grub is a new glug with a top section clipped on, and it was a flipping pain to clip on; I ended up using a blunt knife as a 'tyre-lever'...ask for a classic glug and grub instead if you can...having said that they don't do them in yellow :!: Also seem very deep, particularly the new grub, with, I thought, less access space

The GO was delivered quickly, has all its' parts and took me about 1hour 15 minutes to construct alone, the grub (bizarrely enough!) and the diagonal bracing bars took longest to do.

In conclusion, I can see why they have made this, but I expected the build quality of the classic and cube on a slightly smaller and simpler scale, this feels brittle, gappy, with

nooks and crannies, and I,hate to say it, disappointing. Sorry, but for me it feels like more of a miss than a hit.

I love Omlet and Eglus, but this might go back........ for another £60 I could have a classic safe in the knowledge it is soundly constructed and will last and last....

Not sure about photos - I am a bit of a 'techno numpty' I will try though :oops:

I agree that the skins do feel less sturdy,( than my cube. I have not seen a classic 'in the flesh' so can not compare that) but i too am attaching it to a WIR so it wont be moved once in situ.

I also agree that the change of feeder design is not good, the rounded grub and glug are more solid and IMHO look much better.

Having said that the go is water tight - had loads of rain to test it! Mae seems to like it and i think it looks good next to my cube so overall i like it :D

Thought I'd post my views as well. We don't have a classic though so can't compare the two.

First of all DH wondered why it wasn't green but was red :wink:

We found it very easy to put together but don't have the run.

It's much bigger than I thought although I know the measurements are available. Not sure how the footprint compares to the classic.

The plastic is thinner than on the cube but once together it seems quite sturdy to us.

Haven't put the grub together but the larger size of it is good for us as it means I can get rid of one of my smaller hanging feeders.

Oh, and make sure that if you're making it outside your chicken area it will fit through the entrance. We didn't and had to stand on either side with ladders and lift it over the 8ft fencing! Luckily it just fitted through the WIR door.

Have the four 16 1/2 week old chicks (including two large boys) installed in it tonight so will be able to comment on ease of poo tray cleaning tomorrow :)

I hope I post this correctly.

I have had my new 'go' for a few days now, and it's the first time I've had chickens or an omlet product. It arrived with two lovely girls, milli and mira.

First impressions

Omlet delivered and erected my go - the chap was lovely, and it was all very straight forward. The chickens were surprisingly soft to hold, and looked very happy and lively.

My three year old discovered the back door release in seconds, and relished in opening it continuously, it drove me slightly mad ! It's very easy to get the back door off, with just a twisting handle and a slight tug.

Cleaning it is really easy. One complaint though, the waffle like plastic on the underside of the roosting bars and droppings tray takes a while to dry all the nooks and crannies, and I wouldn't want to put it back damp. Smooth solid plastic undersides would have been easier and quicker, although the working side is perfect.

Not having used the old glug and grub, it's difficult to comment - but I really struggled to get the grub top half off the bottom half for a rinse out. I'm sure it will soften in time.

If the chickens get poo above the roosting bars in the eglu it does mean crawling in to the house to clean, which if like me you have it on the ground, can be a little difficult.

The run screws on, and you have to pop off the green bits to release it - a bit complicated. If there were some quick release pins to remove the run from the house it would help when you need to give the main eglu a rinse.

Overall it's a good product, which does it's job well. For me, I've ordered a classic to replace the go, as my children are having a little too much fun releasing the back door. Omlet have been fantastic guiding me through the learning curve, and the customer service is brilliant.

Welcome to the forum surreygirls.......my children (well the youngest one at least - nearly 10 :anxious: ) would have tried climbing into the Go, just to see if she could, so just opening the door is quite restrained for a little one.....thinking about it my DS (12) would also give it a try...he climbed into the boot of our new Fiat 500 "to see if I fit Mummy" :shock::lol::lol::lol:

Sha x