Love the new Eglu GO, does anyone know if it is possible to buy it without the run, I have large WIR and this would be great additional housing, I bought my cube without run, so I am hoping the same option is available for the GO :P

wish these had come out before we bought our 2nd hand eglu, only because it would go better with the cube and because it's cheaper :D They are nice though. Wonder if we should sell the eglu and get one :think:

I wonder if they are more manoverable than the classic eglu. I have a second hand classic eglu and a cube and they are both great but I always find there is nothing to grap onto when moving them.

I like the look of the design of the new Go. I wonder how the floor area of the runs and coop compare to the classic, I think I wish I had known these were in the pipe line as I think I would have gone for one of these compared to my seconhand classic.

Would love to hear what people who have got both think.

Forgive me if i'm wrong but there's £60 difference between the main housing and the eglu and run £58 between the package?

I'm far from flush but when your spending that amount of money £60 isn't that big of a difference :anxious: imho

Eta: I can't afford either right now :lol:

Forgive me if i'm wrong but there's £60 difference between the main housing and the eglu and run £58 between the package?

I'm far from flush but when your spending that amount of money £60 isn't that big of a difference :anxious: imho

It can be...especially if you were like me and saved up for about a year making and selling things to get the money.

Only £38 difference - 'Classic' = £353, incl delivery, GO = 295 + 20 delivery (£315) - though the Omlet newletter said they were doing a free delivery offer, but that doesn't come up in the shop.

Tracy

I went to the Grand Designs Show at the NEC without even knowing that OMLET or the GO would be there. A nice surprise for both and I really took to the GO, almost ordering one there an then, but having got home and looked in detail at my classic, the classic is still a nicer and better thought out design. The GO is brilliant in respect of the big opening rear door and the slide out roosting bars and dropping tray. The fact you have to slide the whole lot out to claim your eggs is a good incentive to clean out the droppings tray more often!

• Omlet Staff

Hi guys,

The setup instruction will be available as a download later this week and I will post a link once they are ready.

Regarding the nest box and roosting bar, it isn't possible to rotate it as it only fits in one way. We have found through testing that chickens generally like to lay at the front left of the house and so have kept the nest box there, just like the Eglu Classic.

I hope this helps,

Yours,

James

The two dimensions diagrams are now on the web: http://www.omlet.co.uk/products_services/products_services.php?view=Go&about=the%20run&rolling_image_id=4

From this I can deduce the housing has the same external dimensions as the classic, the run is shorter, but wider at the far end. If you calculate the floor area (taking the average width) both the classic & Go give the same floor area (1.95m). Given the sharp angle at the front, I am not convinced the front 10cm a hen could get into though.

I hope someone who has ordered one can post about it on here soon!

Tracy

I have a look at the new Go and I cant really see the need for it. The run look more complicated to put together and price is not that different to the classic.

I think Omlet lets its self down sometimes with the cost of the extras, for example the run extensions are far to expensive for the they actually are.

That said I am upgrading to a cube next year, but i would never get rid of my Eglu is a design classic and to useful to sell away, if I have sick girl to look after.

The general prices of all the Eglu, Cubes have come down which is good. I have had a look at the link to other "Egg Cube", and I was impressed with their prices. As they are only a 30 min drive from my house I may have a close look and report back.

This company does not seem to offer the support that Omlet offers, or the hen parties etc.