Chook n Boo Mum

High Temp in a child

Sorry she's still rough, if she's got a sore throat she might have a throat infection or tonsilitis, hope the doc can sort it out. And yes, I did check both ears :oops: , and yes, one side was always hotter than the other :oops: , and yes (hangs head in shame) I probably gave them ear ache by keep shoving it in every 1/2 hour or so :oops::oops: . I'm much better without a thermometer, I know if they're "really" hot and can tell if they're ill, I don't need the numbers in front of me and it keeps me calmer! :D It might be that she was sick if her temperature spiked, it's not how hot they get, it's how quickly they get hot I read somewhere, that can make them throw up. Hope you all get some sleep and she's on the mend in the morning.

BeckyBoo

Sha, have you got any tea tree oil in. That's another thing I always use at the first sign of a sore throat. Just a few drops in water and if DD can't gargle get her to swoosh it around and see how far she can spit the water out. Hope she's feeling better soon. I know there's all sorts of lurgies going around here and I've spent a lot of today sleeping and feeling like I've got flu coming on.

Well, I phoned the doc this morning as I said I would, buoyed on by the 3am vomiting & 103F temperature........ & got a 'phone appt for 4.20 this afternoon :roll: .....at least it meant I didn't have to drag her out & pass on whatever she's got and pick up anything else that's available...........was invited tot he surgery for a look at her throat after everyone had left & am now administering antibs for tonsillitis and her rotten nose which will hopefully sort her out quickly :pray:

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes and tips, we tried them all.......the lavender flannel was a huge hit Anne....tea tree gargle was not so greatly received & we've settled on a salt gargle :roll: ....though she insists on calling it guggling :lol:

Rather naughtily we did a snatch & grab at Lidl on the way home & got her some of the apple juice she likes to encourage her to drink more......and a few of the sewing/knitting goodies for me :oops:

Sha x

Hope the AB's kick in quickly Sha and she's soon feeling much better. Glad the lavender on a flannel is working and hopefully the salt water gargle will help as well. I know I'd rather gargle with tea tree than salt though :) If she suffers regularly with tonsilitis I have found that 99% of the time if we use tea tree gargle at the first sign it avoids the needs for AB's.

Glad to hear she is now getting sorted out Sha xx

Mine had it the week before last and it really dragged out - littlest one was off school for over a week. Fighting fit again now though :roll:

I am guilty of never taking their temp - I do possess an old glass thermometer for emergencies but it never gets used (except on me). If they are poorly, you know it! :shameonu: at checking both their ears! :wink: Trust your instincts! 8) xx

Just to let you all know, after less than 24 hours of antibs my cheeky little minx of a DD is back, not the grey skinned, boiled shadow :dance: .....she's now eating & drinking fairly well, although she makes a right fuss about the meds :roll: it looks like lucozade & tastes vile apparently....I'm allergic to penicillin so can't taste it to check :roll:

Thank you for all your thoughts and tips :clap::D

Sha x