Martin B

Sorry...

Can I be controversial and call for a ban on posts that are just an emoticons.

No emoticons last night from me! I made some decent posts and caught up with everything that I missed whilst I was away. You can't tell me off for that.

i saw one you left last night! I'm not going backwards looking for it though!

Can I be controversial and call for a ban on posts that are just an emoticons.

No emoticons last night from me! I made some decent posts and caught up with everything that I missed whilst I was away. You can't tell me off for that.

i saw one you left last night! I'm not going backwards looking for it though!

Oooops , I appologise yet again. I'll try not to do it again, cos you all seem a bit annoyed with it.

I do want to honestly offer a huge apology. But if you look at it the way I do, I've been on holiday so I need to catch up on and in the last month or so the only post I've been hugely posting is is here, or I normally send direct pms (sorry again). It was nice to browse the other sections for a change.

Very Sorry and goodbye for now,

Martin

Yeah, but what time did you go to bed Martin?

It's Martin's business what time he went to bed, surely? Let's leave that to him and his mum and dad... :roll:

Phil

I might just do that Dear!!!!!

It's not constructive having all those extra posts, and as Graham once pointed out - the forum is heavy enough as it is without people making pointless posts.

that can't be right, surely? Recent research indicates that 98.4% of Graham's posts were about pants!! :D

One man's pointless is another man's hobby (not that I'm suggesting that Graham made a hobby out of pants... others on the list err.. maybe??) :wink:

Phil

I do want to honestly offer a huge apology.

Good lad, I'm really pleased that you have listened and understood what made some of us feel :roll: or :twisted: or very often :x . It was only the fact that you had deliberatly tried to add lots of responses almost as a target, or through boredom, that actually does feel irritating.

Other than that, type as you wish, some of us have been known to post complete rubbish, but not deliberately, (I just can't help it :wink: ) that's the difference. Also, at whatever time you like, I'll probably be here.

Anyway, it's a brave man who says sorry to a bunch of :twisted: women, so well done, Martin. But, I'm glad the subject has been aired, we live & learn.

In defence of replies that are just :lol: or :shock:

They are invaluable & worth a thousand words (so quicker to read). As long as it's not just for gaining post numbers, or reaching a target, please don't stop.

Imagine if you make a humorous or surprising comment and then no one responded. It would be deflating, and sometimes just pulling a face is a great reply.

In the early days, the banter between Kate & Lesley was what gave the forum this friendly atmosphere which we treasure today, and I'll never forget that often Kate's remark would provoke a :shock: reply. I actually wondered if Lesley looked like this :shock: until I met her.

I can assure you she doesn't. :lol: (She can pull a range of faces.....run!!)

You had a good point Lesley and you know Martin pretty well. :D He knows we all like him here and it is just sometimes something needs saying.

Well done Martin for taking it on the chin, no need to say sorry any more. :wink: I always say actions speak louder than words....Not that I have a teenage son but that's what I say to Mikey :wink::lol::lol:

oh well another day of not much forum time, :?:(

BBx

Imagine if you make a humorous or surprising comment and then no one responded. It would be deflating, and sometimes just pulling a face is a great reply.

I agree. But I also think the forum can be 'heavy'. I quite often look at threads but only reply if I've got something different to add. If there's already 2 pages of sympathy/empathy, emoticons, or whatever, then I don't add mine. Feel a bit mean not joining in the sympathy bit sometimes though.

That's what I say at work when they remark on my talent for handling difficult (male) clients - I've got all the necessary training - I have a young child! There's not much difference between training young children, men and dogs really :lol:

I have more trouble with Mikey than Daisie :wink::lol::lol::lol:

BBxx