Chook n Boo Mum Posted November 24, 2009 Author Share Posted November 24, 2009 Just been out to see where everybody is roosting only to find 4 feathery bottoms roosting on the bar I've put in the run, not on the roosting bars in the house Moving them is proving to be a challenge Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sandyhas3chucks Posted November 24, 2009 Share Posted November 24, 2009 oooo what fun! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tutti Frutti Posted November 24, 2009 Share Posted November 24, 2009 Yay! Howsabout... Pink, Suzie (Sioux), Lady (Gaga), Avril, Alanis, Bjork - true rock chicks My BR is barking mad - I can imagine the fun you're having trying to get SIX in tonight!!! Excellent! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 24, 2009 Share Posted November 24, 2009 Rock chics that's great Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted November 24, 2009 Share Posted November 24, 2009 Imposible to choose from all those great names, loving the 'rock chick' theme though - good luck with that Really looking forward to seeing the pictures Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted December 9, 2009 Author Share Posted December 9, 2009 Ok here's a couple of photos just to prove they are not a figment of my imagination As you can see two of them are very "Cadbury's Caramel" rather than black with gold flecks..........still unnamed, saw my friend at the weekend & she's very keen to collect them after her Christmas ski trip, and another friend expressed an interest in a couple of chooks in her back garden.........they may all have new homes soon Oh and they don't smell anymore Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
docsquid Posted December 9, 2009 Share Posted December 9, 2009 What fine looking chickens they are! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CluckyBucks Posted December 9, 2009 Share Posted December 9, 2009 They look like a chickeny mafia xx xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted December 9, 2009 Share Posted December 9, 2009 Chickens In Black. They look great, bet you'll miss them they set off your garden so well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Toots Posted December 9, 2009 Share Posted December 9, 2009 one looks like a Welsummer! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Shirl Posted December 9, 2009 Share Posted December 9, 2009 They look great Sha. Love the caramel colour Shame if you have to part with them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted December 9, 2009 Author Share Posted December 9, 2009 I'll certainly miss their eggs..........they are lovely little layers They look like a chickeny mafia xx xx That's not far wrong, Jasmine got a bit enthusiastic with her wing stretching when I first let them out this morning & landed in their run again The battle cry went up & I shot through the netting to hoik her back.........She doesn't scream so loudly when I rescue her now, though she still won't let me just pick her up for a cuddle..........heyho, little steps They all come from a registered Black Rock supplier, so shouldn't be any Welsummers there........ Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angels4 Posted December 9, 2009 Share Posted December 9, 2009 They sure are beautiful. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted December 9, 2009 Author Share Posted December 9, 2009 Thanks Mark, your newbies are lovely bundles of feathers too, I can't remember if I posted to that effect Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angels4 Posted December 9, 2009 Share Posted December 9, 2009 You sure did Sha.....and they LOVED the Omlet Auntie cuddles you suggested I give them. I'm really impressed with the way your new girls look, so healthy and robust. I LOVE the black. Maybe some Black Orpingtons for me this spring. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 9, 2009 Share Posted December 9, 2009 We know they're not imaginary I bet you'll miss them! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted December 10, 2009 Share Posted December 10, 2009 Congratulations. I've managed to miss this thread entirely! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted December 10, 2009 Share Posted December 10, 2009 oooh Sha, the darker ones are just like my Cocoa they are beautiful Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted December 10, 2009 Share Posted December 10, 2009 0oooooh pretty!! pepperpot def going on my list! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted December 10, 2009 Share Posted December 10, 2009 Oh they are beautiful. I am secretly (well not very secretly, actually) coveting some Black Rocks so am very envious of you! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...