The Dogmother Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 After a glorious sunny day it's clouding over again - I hope it snows. You won't believe this... I just caught two school kids scooping up the snow in our front drive (at work) and videoing each other on their mobiles while they chucked snowballs into the windscreens of passing traffic!!!! I went down and gave them a right rollocking. I'd recognise one of them again - he looked like Uncle Fester! I don't mind them chucking them at each other, but that is dangerous. Gob-smacked of Banbury Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Any relation of Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 The same one Egluntine. I'm also related to Batty old Bag of Banbury Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Richard T Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Are you Cross of Banbury too? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Oh, Ho Ho Richard! I might just be? Although rumour has it that I'm the 'fine lady' Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Are you Cross of Banbury too? Mrs Trellis, surely?? Phil Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Richard T Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Are you Cross of Banbury too? Mrs Trellis, surely?? Phil I'm sorry. I haven't a clue about that. I was just wondering how she manages to get the Crocs on when she's got bells on her toes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 It's not easy Richard! They get stuck on my toe-ring too There's a lovely statue near the cross, she even has rings on her finger and bells on her toes too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Are you Cross of Banbury too? Mrs Trellis, surely?? Phil I'm sorry. I haven't a clue about that. It's not just me then! Please explain the joke Phil - am I being very dense here? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnnieP Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 She is a fictitious character on BBC Radio 4's "I'm Sorry , I Haven't Got A Clue". The comedys at 6.30 every weekday evening on Radio 4 are excellent. My favourite recently has been the phone in spoof (can't remember its name). Brilliant! Anybody else listened to it? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jools Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Me too Radio 4 at 6.30pm is the best time of day. Good job I can browse the forum and listen at the same time Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Am none the wiser ! *note to self: must start listening to radio 4* Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 To report - NO SNOW HERE !! Went out at 7am this morning to open the eglu in my nightshirt and it wasnt even cold Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Are you Cross of Banbury too? Mrs Trellis, surely?? Phil I'm sorry. I haven't a clue about that. It's not just me then! Please explain the joke Phil - am I being very dense here? Richard's answer was the answer - the R4 show "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" The presenter (Humphrey Littleton - who has great comic timing) always reads out fictitious letters from Mrs Trellis. Her letters are often totally incoherent - and usually come from some unpronounceable town in Wales - and she often gets Humph mixed up with another Radio or TV presenter.. here's three examples (except they are probably in the category of "you-had-to-be-there") "A Mrs Trellis of North Wales has written in to complain that the show has "an enormous fistful of rampant innuendo rammed into every crack", but only a truly filthy-minded person would think such a thing." "Dear Mr Titchmarsh: This morning I went out to dig up some dandelions and a giant hogweed on my lawn. The filthy beast! Yours faithfully, Mrs Trellis." "Dear Mr Melly: Here's a great tip for removing any annoying little hairs that collect in the bath plughole: tempt them up with a carrot and pull them out by their long floppy ears." well... you did ask!! Phil Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Thanks Phil - that does make it a bit clearer, and even tempted me to tune into radio 4! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Great stuff. Claim to fame and name dropping here - Humphrey Lyttelton lived near me and I went to art school with his daughter Georgina; we often used to go back to her place after college and her dad was always great fun. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Great stuff. Claim to fame and name dropping here - Humphrey Lyttelton lived near me and I went to art school with his daughter Georgina; we often used to go back to her place after college and her dad was always great fun. Wow!! awesome! Humph has great comic timing - and he really does sound like fun! I wonder if his sense of comic timing comes from the jazz? Phil we record several episodes onto CD and take them on car-journeys - the kids love it - and thankfully the double-entendres (particularly rude re. the lovely Samantha) float miles over my youngest's head!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 He used to have us in stitches. They lived in a very modern house - not at all what you'd expect and 'George' had purple hair. Wonder what she's doing now? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickpea Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Yay I got snow too! Quite nice to wake up with that surprise, and able to photograph chickens printing their footprints on the crisp canvas! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 We still had some snow in the shadey bits at the end of the day and it was sleeting as I left the office. It was clear and frosty earlier, but I just peeked out and it's clouding over, so maybe we'll get more snow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Diana1 Posted January 24, 2007 Share Posted January 24, 2007 Well I was awake feeding Archie at 4.30am this morning and thought I'd left the garden light on but then realised the light was coming in around the edges of the curtains on all sides of the house and I guessed it was snow reflecting light everywhere....and I was right. I was so excited for my daughters to see snow and yes they were excited when they woke, but by daybreak it was nothing like the 4.30am fall - most of it had already melted!! Angel didn't want to step on it and I had to coax her out with some rice to enable the other two to get a look in on breakfast. I'm trying to think of a way that I can secretly photograph them together with their unawares. They come running as soon as I open the door. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 25, 2007 Share Posted January 25, 2007 Absolutely beautiful here in Sheffield today. Blue Sky....brilliant sunshine.....freezing cold. The hens water was solid blocks of ice first thing. It snowed heavily last night on and off for a couple of hours. Very little sign of it this morning. Apparently there is more to come next week. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted January 25, 2007 Share Posted January 25, 2007 Our snow disappeared by lunchtime yesterday and was followed overnight by a hard frost. Poor Carl is having to carry water in buckets for the cows - up a ladder and over the side of the barn Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cate in NZ Posted January 25, 2007 Share Posted January 25, 2007 Snow again here this morning. I drove to work in quite heavily falling snow with daughter beside me in the car crossing her fingers and wishing for it to keep snowing all day and be nice and thick by the time she gets home from school. My fingers were tightly crossed too (made steering difficult ), but strangely I wasn't making quite the same wish Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 25, 2007 Share Posted January 25, 2007 No more snow for us either, apart from the sleet as I left work last night. But it was -3 this morning and the remaining snow (we have a fair bit) was frozen solid, so the roads are ok, but the paths and gardens are treacherous. Our snow disappeared by lunchtime yesterday and was followed overnight by a hard frost. Poor Carl is having to carry water in buckets for the cows - up a ladder and over the side of the barn Blimey, sounds like an extreme sport - he'll be so darned fit doing that - bet he'd be able to beat me at circuit training Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...