Lesley

Diagnosis at last!!

:shock: Flippin eck - what is it with those children :lol:

Oh Lesley - :roll: - I can imagine Jake - he had better get a cast, crutches and a mega sick note :wink:

If you have time bake a cake and decorate like a "mummy" - at least then you can all have a laugh - although I do not fancy your or daughters stress at the moment. Why does it always happen when the OH is away :shameonu:

:angel: Must say though - you are a "MASSIVE" support Lesley, and I know Carl is behind you too. I know you will all look after each other - never makes it any easier though, so hugs and a cuppa from Sheila ( I am sure she will not mind me volunteering services) :D

PS - Jake - DO NOT milk it too much matey, just a little for cake and sympathy :wink:

Oh no! Poor Jake. It is never ending for you.

Mind you, my boys quite liked having their arms in plaster. Made them a bit of a hero at school, and OS found his came in handy as a cricket bat. :roll:

At least they were both sensible enough not to break their writing arm. :lol:

Lauren will be laughing at him if/when he can't use cutlery properly :roll:

My sister has just been told that Funky Monkeys. the party venue for her 7 year old on Saturday, has gone bust and have her £85 and today we've accompanied Dad to the funeral of a close family friend.............ever had one of those days?? :roll:

I could certainly do with cake! - except my innards are in turmoil, I don't even want chocolate :shock:

Oh no! Poor Jake. It is never ending for you.

Mind you, my boys quite liked having their arms in plaster. Made them a bit of a hero at school, and OS found his came in handy as a cricket bat. :roll:

At least they were both sensible enough not to break their writing arm. :lol:

Hmmmmm, I wonder which arm he's injured :think: - good job there's not much going on at school for the last two weeks.

Daughter and Jake have just arrived home - he hasn't broken his arm but has soft tissue damage around his shoulder which may or may not be dislocated..............that sounds soooooo familiar :roll: He has an appt. for fracture clinic on Friday......daughter will be on the phone tomorrow to see if she can get both Lauren and Jake in on the same day (and same hour preferably!)

We were only commenting on Saturday that he is displaying the same hypermobilty as Lauren did and at almost the same age as Lauren's problems started.

Oh Lesley, what can I say? You are such a tower of strength, but just make sure you give yourself a little time too. Sincerely hope that today is a little better for you all. I go and chat to a chicken - dog - sheep - cat, whatever I can find when a day gets too bad. :)

Lauren has been attending school from midday for the last week as the Internet School has already finished. Tomorrow it is Prizegiving Day and Lauren is to receive a prize :shock: We've decided it must be for the lowest number of days attended in a school year........ever!! :lol:

Her parents have a meeting at the school in the morning and Lauren was going to attend the whole day but she will be sitting for a couple of hours in the afternoon and that will be enough for her to cope with.

That's if she goes........she had another POTS related incident today, fell down the stairs and subluxed her ankle :roll: She says she's OK to go

....and Jake's had Chickenpox (for the second time) - he's going back to school tomorrow for the last two days.

Didn't know about Tobys ear Sha - same as Nat.

He was meant to sit on the left hand side of the exam hall for GCSE listening exams but 'cos of our surname he was at the back right + struggling to hear :roll: but gets too embarassed about it to say anything.

Not Jake too! :roll: - sure you can all do without that one.

Hope things improve for everyone soon :)

Crikey, poor Jake :( once is bad enough twice is really bad luck.....

Maybe we shouldn't have asked about Lauren's run of good health at the weekend, sounds like we jinxed it :? I hope she recovers from this latest injury quickly :pray: ......and congratulations on the prize, we'll have to see piccies later, no doubt proud Granny will take a few :wink:

Toby hides his deafness well doesn't he Lewis, he usually waits a few seconds before doing anything in a group situation so he can check he's heard right.........he's getting slightly better at asking though thankfully :anxious:

Sha x

Toby hides his deafness well doesn't he Lewis, he usually waits a few seconds before doing anything in a group situation so he can check he's heard right.........he's getting slightly better at asking though thankfully :anxious:

Sha x

He must be good Sha as I hadn't noticed, and being pretty deaf myself (car accident) I have radar for noticing it.

Nats always had hearing problems, but recent op hasn't made things any better.

Must be hard for them 'cos people, esp strangers, think he's being rude if they're on the wrong side + he ignores them, he does ignore you sometimes, even though I know he can hear :lol:

He tends to walks along the left hand side + sit in the right place at tables to make it easier to hear, its little things like comms headsets at the theatre are all left muffs so he can't hear but they're ordering an opposite pair just

for him :)

Hope the meeting went well Lesley + prize giving too :D

It's a problem with unseen disabilities isn't it! - you all need one of the T Shirts we keep threatening to buy for Lauren............ "But you don't look ill....."

A pharmacist said on Saturday that she thought Jake had Chickenpox but it didn't develop into full blown symptoms and he had no yucky spots today and felt well enough to go back to school - she did say it might just be a viral thing.

Lauren was fine this morning and came here to make a cake before we all went to the prizegiving. The meeting went well - the school have agreed to let Lauren continue with the Internet School and attending school in the afternoon until Christmas - but then they want a decision made as they can't provide the full curriculum if she's only there for one afternoon lesson. Not sure what will happen - Lauren has just said that if she has to make a choice she will choose the Internet School as she feels she's learning a lot and it is far easier for her to use her computer and not worry about injuries.

Lauren's award was for the Warwickshire Book reading thing - it was voluntary and they had to read six books off the list - Lauren couldn't stop at six and read ten! The certificate has a group photo on it and they managed to take it on a day when she was there!! She hasn't been there to do much more - she was doing really well with house points in the few weeks she did attend.

Before we went.....Lauren's school uniform clashes with all my clothes! :lol:

DSCF1097.jpg

Collecting her certificate.....

DSCF1100.jpg

In the last couple of weeks Lauren has gone from my height (5'5") to 5'7" - she is the tallest in the whole of Year 7, including the boys.