gooner.girl

Church Wedding chat.....

Did you have to say the 'family' rosary every night Egluntine?

Yep. Up until the age of about 11.......then I refused.

We used to get holy water sprinkled on us if we were being "wilful and disobedient" as she put it, too.

I'm amazed you are both still sane :shock:

(PS does the holy water work? Is it worth trying on my boys?? :wink: )

Poet wrote:

someone gave me some holy water from Lourdes once when I was little, I thought if I drank it it would make me a good person. It didn't taste very nice though! :?

It does taste foul :( My mother used to go to Lourdes every year and she always brought back bottles of the stuff :roll: I wished she had spent her money in the duty free and brought back a couple of bottles of booze, but no chance :( If I had a sore throat she made me gargle with holy water :vom::vom: goodness knows where the water had come from :evil:

Tessa

Phil - very well said. I agree with you entirely!

i just think it is sad that some christians don't quite grasp exactly what fullness of life they can have in Jesus.

That is judging! Relationships with God are different for every person. I don't think we can judge what is better or worse. My brothers and I have different relationships with our Mother. They are not the same but they are equal. I think it is the same with God, remembering that we are all on a journey of faith anyway and therefore not at the same stages either. That is the brilliant thing about Love - it is an equaliser. :D:D8)

The best bit of yesterdays Vicar of Dibley is where she wants to go see her new bloke and she doesn't want Alice to come with her - She tells Alices she's going to Narnia and shuts her in a cupboard - you can hear Alice calling "MR TUMNUS! Mr Tumnus?!" as Geraldine goes out the door. Gooner boy and I were in hysterics when we first saw that...

I love the vicar of dibley.... 8)

I had never seen it before (apart from the Sean Bean one naturally!), but I really enjoyed it too.

AND she wore a long cardi I have :wink::lol:

In case anyone missed it from the other thread,its filmed just a couple of miles from my village, & Hubby has promised to take me there next week.

The windmill from Chitty Chitty bang bang is in the same place too 8)

Ok heres some wedding chat for you Lesley! :wink::lol:

When the OH & I got married it was 101 degrees when we came out of the church and between each course at the reception i stripped off to my bra & knickers in the loo - particularly interesting meeting all the OHs female relatives in the loo your underwear! :lol::lol::lol:

It was a new episode Lesley. The wedding is next week sometime.

The funniest bit for me was when Harry asks Geraldine if she would marry him and she replies 'yes, of course. Let's get the paperwork sorted out . . .' not realising at all that she was to be the bride and not the officiant. :lol::lol:

My daughters and I were bridesmaids and matron for my friends wedding on Friday. It was really beautiful and the service was wonderful. the reception was great fun. There was one surreal moment when we were playing horses and kangaroos and I found myself astride Father Shaun who had married my friend earlier!! :oops::D