Omletina Kyckling

Big life changes, scary stuff!!

Well done to you - something similar has happened to me this year although when I got the letter my OH had already left me for someone else. We had been married for 21 years and like you I had to take on lots of new tasks and find a job (I am 49 and also on ADs). All of which I have done and my sons are always telling how brilliantly I have done :clap: I hope when I have to move I can find something as lovely as you have - I think your garden is beautiful :D I wish you and your girls lots of happiness in your new home :dance:

Your new house and garden look spectacular and I also wish you lots of happiness in your new life there.

Sorry that the reasons behind the move are so sad, sorry also Scarlettohara to hear you've been through the same ordeal.

I am sure there are many of us on here who've been married to men like this, I was too, but was a long time ago. My ex husband just upped and left me for another woman he'd been having an affair with for 2yrs and it does take time to pick the bits up and start again.

At 42 you are still very young and I'm sure you will find lots of happiness in the future. I met my current OH when I was 42 so I know it does happen :D

Hi folks,

Just a quick update!

I'm in my cottage and living amongst hundreds of cardboard boxes and bags.....but slowly settling in. I love the cottage already, and am feeling quite at home. My new bed is wonderful, so I've been sleeping well, after months of bad sleep! The cats are settling in well and love to look out from the window seat...they are desperate to go out but I've told them a few more days yet.

The chickens can't quite get used to a 1 in 3 sloped garden. I've been keeping them in the Cube run for now before I let them out into the rest of the tiny garden, need to get the Omlet netting up first as I don't want them trashing my flowers! I'll post some photos sometime soon. I won't have my phone on until Friday and no broadband for another couple of weeks after that so I'm popping to mum and dad's for internet stuff!