midori

Other Pets?

I have been noticing in people's signatures a list of their hens and other pets, which often end with 'one very patient and tolerant husband' or something similar. However, they make me feel hugely guilty, as I have an awful lot of pets and always just expect my husband to accept it graciously. My hens are my newest addition, and he has just told me that I 'have to kick the a*** out of it' as usual as I have said I want a WIR for them.

My current tally is:

-4 dogs, 3 Golden Retrievers and one Staff x lab 'foster' puppy who we seem to be keeping... :whistle:

-2 cats, a ragdoll and a moggy

-around 40 snakes

-around 100 + (numbers vary) rodents, rats, mice and multi-mammates that I originally wanted to breed as food for the snakes for ethical reasons (shop bought frozen rodents are akin to battery hens) but I also have a few pet only recscue rats and rats I have bred but kept as pets.

-my sons seemingly immortal pet syrian hamster that is ancient!

-5 pet hens, although hoping to maybe add a couple more at some point.

We have to have a whole room for the snakes and rodents, and I am hoping to keep another Golden puppy to show when we have a litter at the end of the year. I don't work as I won't leave the dogs for longer than four hours, (I do have children but they are all school age) and I spend most of my day looking after pets.

Someone make me feel better? :lol:

What has everyone else got? Pictures most welcome!

I only have 2 cats, 2 rabbits and 2 hens (shortly to be 5!). Have had umpty-something fish and would love a dog, but as we both work it doesn't seem fair.

Oh and I would love alpacas too. Hubbie would like a couple of goats (to keep the grass down) but is not averse to alpacas. I think the thing with husbands is to let them think it's their idea. Well it works with mine - eventually :lol: He is as besotted with the pets as I am, and although I told him that I would clean out the rabbits etc. he usually ends up doing the bulk of the work...

I have 2 dogs, golden lab & orange roan cocker spaniel, 5 hens & 1 rabbit (possibly getting a couple more though! :wink: )

Doesn't seem like much anymore seems as I used to have hamsters, guinea pigs, degus, fish etc. aswell but i just never replaced them when they passed away.

Only two cats, but about 60,000 bees

:lol: think that wins the numbers game!

I have 8 hens, 2 dogs - 1 ancient Golden Retriever and 1 young Newfoundland - and 4 small children!

Would love rabbits but OH has threatened a walk out!

Would also love goats, alpacas, ducks, sheep, ponies, pigs, donkeys and anything else I could lay my hands on, but thats more of a dream than a possibility!!

One dog, and shared custody of my Mum's (who was mine until I grew up and moved out) - he lives with them but they go away a lot and then he stays with us. Two rabbits who have devoted themselves to systematically destroying the garden, and assorted tropical fish. I really want rats but my OH would never tolerate them, sadly. Our baby is due in October so no more animals until he/she is old enough to get on my side about the rats....

Hubby has made it clear to me that the chickens are mine and my responsibility so despite being out of the house 14 hours a day either at work or commuting there (160 miles a day) I tend to do the lions share of the work with the chickens and sheep and seem to spend my whole time cleaning them out or washing up feeders and drinkers :lol:

Hubby in the meantime feeds the cat and the dog and takes the dog out to 'survey his land' :lol:

Hi, I have

2 devon rex cats,

1 blue fronted amazon parrot,

4 chickens

a couple of frogs in the newly made pond. hehe.

I'd like ducks next, but am waiting until I finish building the new walk in run for the chickens, then I will see if I have room and attention to go round. I'm not working at the moment so I have plenty of time, but I will be going back to work in a few months so it might not be fair. Also want 2 more devon rexes in a couple of years. :lol:

We (or should it be I?) have:

4 cats - 3 moggies, 1 Bengal

4 chickens - are hoping to get some more later this month

4 fish

3 adult hissing cockroaches

10ish baby hissing cockroaches!

My daughter is very keen for us to get a puppy but I have told her not yet!

At the moment I have:

1 Goldendoodle (poodle x golden retriever)

2 moggies

1 tortoise

tank of tropical fish

and I think my DD is hoping to bring what she thinks is a stray cat home from her uni house when she comes home on Saturday - yikes!! I'm desperately telling her to put up posters etc to try and find the poor little things owners. Otherwise we could have yet another tabby cat that sounds as if its on its last legs and has no bottom teeth!! Help! :roll:

edited to add: Doh! I forgot about the 5 chickens :lol:

I have 10 snakes - 8 boas & 2 royal pythons

4 chickens (contemplating this becoming 6 or 7 at the moment)

and OH

I would also like a tortoise (would call him Alan) but not sure if this will come off

Did used to keep rats, rabbits, and cats.

We've never been allowed to have a cat or a dog (allergies :roll: ) so have to have littlies :P

3 gerbils,

4 diamond doves (parents + babies),

Hughie the tortoise,

Gin the guinea pig (original :wink: ),

2 chickens and a borrowed broody,

2 ducks

... and not forgetting the fish :lol:

At the moment we have 7 chicks and a one day old duckling too :D

:D At home 1 Collie/Springer X (Sprollie called Tori)

1 dwarf russian hamster called Wicket 8) OMG - she has just died :cry: , will post a thread on dwarf hams so not to hijack this one :(

Did have 3 chooks - but no longer :cry:

Also have in hols - 2 guineas and other pets

Daily looking after of 6 goldfish, a HUGE marine tank with Nemo and the gang plus corals, 6 corn snakes and a 5ft Royal Python. Oh, and 2 gorgeous Leopard Geckos - with crickets to be kept alive for food :wink: These do not live with me - but basically I look after them :roll: