patsylabrador

Breastfeeding

From my experience the easiness of it depends on the baby. Believe me, a baby with tongue tie is no fun to breastfeed but a baby with a good suck makes it easier than faffing with bottles. It is great when it works!

Congratulations gooner.girl!

I am always delighted to hear another mulitiples-mum has survived the early months with sanity intact: sleeplessness x2 is pushing the boundaries, isn't it?!

And to hear that you are still breastfeeding twins at 7 months is not only admirable but puts you in a teeny tiny percentage of British mums who not only start feeding, but keep it up past 6 weeks, but to do so with twins is just deserving of celebration! :clap::clap: (x 2! :lol: )

If you and they are enjoying it then it's the time when life can slow down a bit; i found that really necessary when it all felt a bit overwhelming at times.

I fed my twins until they were about 18 months when they decided Thomas The Tank Engine was more appealing. It was a gradual slowing down to a couple of feeds a day, then pre-bedtime, then occasional pre-bedtime, until it didn't feature in their radars. It was a sad time, particularly as they were my last babies and breastfeeding would be no more. I was reluctant to give up that part of my life that made me feel very competent (without having to try! :lol: )

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on with your twins when you get a spare minute!

I remember crying buckets when Rosie decided that she didn't want to breastfeed any more :( especially as I knew I couldn't have another child.

Ditto Clare with DS, though I am lucky to have gone on to have DD 3 years later...............it feels like the ultimate rejection when your child pushes you away.........I as told to turn that thought on it's head.....I had an independent child who was moving onto the next stage at his own pace & was to be encouraged ...........still hurt Mummy though :(

Congratulations on the twin feeding gooner.girl :clap::clap:

Sha x

That's so good to hear :clap: I breastfed my 3 for 6 months, I had the first two before I was 20 and my ED now 27 is breastfeeding my 3 month old Grandson and has been really lucky and had no problems.

When she was pregnant she was adamant that she was going to breastfeed and I told her that if she got on with breastfeeding that would be fab but if she didn't not to beat herself up over it. She was actually horrified that quite a few friends she met at antenatal were already buying formula whilst they were pregnant :shock:

Well done you. :D

I have had 3 children and had a completly different experience with each of them. If it works it works but if it doesn't no one should beat themselves up about it.

Very true. My first was a nightmare, my second much more successful and managed 5 months and then by third stopped breastfeeding at 18 months (when she left tooth marks on me - ouch!).

I can say that all my children and bright and healthy and if it works wonderful but if it doesn't you are not a failure.

Not had to try bfing twins though. :shock: That takes some dedication/patience/luck... :clap: