Space Chick

Take that

Chris Evans mentioned this morning that they had sold out within 10 seconds!! I have just had a look at the "Get Me In" web site and they are going for over £120 on there. I assume some really kind hearted people have just bought theirs to sell them at a huge profit :think: ....unless that was the price this morning??

I like Take That but not so much that I am going to fork out over £200 for OH and I to go!

I'm not a fan, but loads of people were trying to get them at work today. One girl actually managed to buy 4 for Wembley at lunch time, when it seemed easier to get on to the site. I don't think they were sold out at all...just the technology couldn't cope with the crush. When the BBC did the Children in Need concert you had to collect the tickets at the venue using the credit card you used to purchase them , and with photographic evidence of your identity. I appreciate that these are much bigger venues but I can't believe that ticketmaster couldn't put something in place to stop the sort of shenanigans that was going on this morning!

People are now putting tickets for Take That on Ebay for £10k for two tickets (I kid you not!) These kind of people make me sick, who buy tickets just to sell on for profit, effectively taking seats from real fans. I just hope that what goes around, comes around!!

I've just had a look. OMG! I only hope those bidding are doing it, to make the people think they are going to buy the ticket and then say, nah, as there are quite a few of the same tickets for (I say only) but only £150.

I spent about 6 hours trying before I managed to get them - ES and DH wanted to go :roll: - ES is now very impressed as none of his friends have managed to get tickets! Takes a lot to impress a 16 year old :roll: I could have bought more tickets and sold them to pay for the ones I wanted but I would have felt too guilty about taking them from others who had spent all day trying :x

Well I hope I don't annoy anyone by saying that within 15mins of going online I had bought 8 for my daughter in law and then after that I helped another friend and got 3 for her. As my daughter in law could only get 6 ppl together to buy her tickets I did put the 2 I had left on eBay. I only put them on at £130 which I think is quite cheap as I paid £124.80 online for them and by the time eBay take their listing fees, buyers fees and then the PayPal fee I would actually have been out of pocket at that price. I did try to sell them to a guy at my OH's work for the price I paid for them but his wife didn't want the standing tickets so didn't really know what else to do with them :?

I would absolutely love to go myself but unfortunately I don't think I could handle the crowds :oops:

I think selling surplus tickets that are not needed is one thing. It's just very annoying to hear of someone who isn't remotely interested in going, to buy up a load of tickets to make a quick profit from genuine fans. I know some people think it is a valid way to do business and make money, but I don't have to like it! :lol:

I agree Snowy, it's one thing selling excess tickets which you can't use (I bought tickets to see Magazine last year in London, then they announced they were also playing Manchester so I bought tickets for Manchester and sold the London tickets, but I only sold them for face value, plus to cover Paypal/Ebay fees), it's those who are buying them just to make an instant profit who I object to.

It took me nearly two hours and five attempts to get DD and myself tickets for the Brum gig. Stupid Ticket Factory server kept timing out and I lost my order 4 times before I got to the payment page at the 5th attempt. :x:x

Still, we got 2 tickets at £55 each. The booking fees and compulsory postage costs came to just over £15. £125.65 in total. It does annoy me that they advertise tickets at a certain price, but you can't avoid these "extras".

I'm really happy as I've liked them (particularly Robbie) for years and never managed to see them before. Now the Robster is back with them I am ecstatic. :dance::dance::dance:

I'll probably be the oldest person there, but who cares!!! :lol: