Blackrocksrock

The Weather Thread # 6

woah! It was scary up here last night! I lay in bed listening to it pound the house and was actually a bit frightened :oops::roll: but remembered dad's words (we grew up on the hill just below here in an old weaver's cottage) when he'd say "this house has been here many centuries longer than we have and has seen worse, so batten down the hatches and all will be well".....and it seems he was right, AGAIN!!

When I got home yesterday afternoon, one of the plastic corrogated roof panels had torn on the WIR run roof and was flapping about so I got out my trusty ladder and went up and used lots of tarpaulin tape to tape it down, didn't really believe it'd work but it all looks intact this morning so I'm relieved by that. I'm going to order another lot of tape for future use!

It's still howling here and raining too :(

I was out at the crack of dawn too, making repairs and weighting things down with bricks.

ME too.

Cube and tarp on run were OK. Went up the hill to add another couple of bricks to each hive roof. It was so blowy you could hang in the wind at 60 degrees with your arms out but strangely calm behind the hurdles shading the hives.