Blackrocksrock

The Weather Thread # 6

You havent seen my knitting - it would either be big enough for all 3 of mine to wear at once or so small I would be advertising a winter coat for a sparrow - its that bad :lol: I was just wondering - I am sure someone here will come on with a pattern for one just wont be me!!

I light flurry at 6pm,then nowt. -4deg when i got up at 4am for a comfort break. Got an extra blanket and took the cat back to bed with me. -3deg at 6am when i got up.

Clear and bright here this morning; wish I was at home to walk the dog.

Other half says we will be getting snow tonight and tomorrow, The clouds need to roll in first. :?

Beautiful but very cold here. Was minus 1 yesterday, haven't looked today yet, but the drinking water was frozen solid this morning and it wasn't yesterday. No snow here but OH said he drove through a little bit yesterday morning north London way. Yesterday the local radio said clouds but the sun coming out later. We had the opposite - sun in the morning and it clouded over later! :lol: I wasn't listening to them today.

I remember as a child that Kent often got hit badly by snow and the news used to be full of film of farmers digging sheep out of drifts and helicopter hay drops.

you're right OSH, but that tends to be more inland. I was at boarding school in Tunbridge Wells, and we used to get snowed in for weeks at a time...

but we are about 30 yards from the sea here, so snow is a pretty rare occurrence for us!

Clouding up here as well Clare - feels too cold to snow though.

Don't know what's happeing further south on the M40 - family are just coming northwards back from London and there's a big truck flat on its side near J6 and about 10 miles further on there was a massive pile-up. AA Roadwatch says the M40 will be closed until 9pm :shock: