Blackrocksrock

The Weather Thread # 6

We've had a lovely day in Abingdon - mild and very sunny. I managed to clean all the chooks out today - first really good scub out they've had since before the snow came! They've all enjoyed it too - lots of sunbathing going on. And it's still light! For the last few weeks they've all been ready to roost at this time of day,but they're still out, scratching around.

Shame it's not forecast to last though!

Lovely here too - had a very busy day outside in the sun as well; helped out our street neighbourhood initiative to clean up a couple of footpaths in our road, then fettled all the chooks and bunnies, then went for a family walk with the dog... beautiful day, but it's forecast to rain for most of the week now!

+11deg here this morning at 6am :shock::shock::shock: was very dark, sunny and blue skies by the time I left for work, but it's getting cloudy again now and I understand that we're due for solid rain through the weekend.

I am worried about the River Cherwell, which normally floods about this time of year - I saw it last night when I went to the gym and it was very high already :?

Clear here now.

The road outside is horrendous - just been on the phone to the SODC highways again. They sent an emergency team out last time,but by the time they came it had all drained off,so they left :roll:

It only ever used to flood if we had several days of terrible rain,but now its each time we get a heavy downpour.

Had to pick up the youngest from the bus stop,as she couldn't have got to the house through the flood!