Guest Dilly

New Cube - early delivery date

I have just ordered my cube and the delivery date I was given was the 17 May. Does this mean that they have caught up with deliveries - or does it mean the system is up the creek?

I was just a bit surprised as you all seem to have a long wait! :wink:

Blimey! Perhaps you're just lucky enough to be on a route they were already taking that day? Congratulations! Maybe you are near me??

I've moved this to the Eglu adn Cube section by the way if you're wondering where its gone!

What colour are you having Dilly??? :D

Did you order it today Dilly, I've been phoning them constantly today since 9am and can't get an answer.

Fee, it's a Bank Holiday down here today, how about 9am tomorrow?

Dilly, that's made a few of us :shock::twisted::roll: and :? I should think! But, most likely they are over that way already that day.

I ordered on launch day and was offered 22/5 :twisted:

I had to delay it a week because it was the one week in the whole year I couldn't manage :roll:

This was ordered on the website and gave me a delivery date automatically - not by phone

I ordered a green one without the cage.

Just very :shock: actually.

Thought I would wait until the rush was over, and expected a date in June - but I am happy to have it on the 17th May

I did double check and looked again - and it showed it on their calendar as the available delivery date with the option to change it if I wanted too!

Watch this space!

I wonder if everyone else phoned their order in. I just did it online as that was the way I ordered my Eglu

Hope you are lucky when you phone tommorrow - maybe the factory has been working overtime over the bank holiday :lol::lol::wink:

Hi , I ordered mine by phone - again a green one without the run- and was rung back about a week later with a date - wed 16th may. I live near(ish) to Omlet ( bet. banbury & Southam) so maybe that helped. Jenny

I know where you are Jenny! I drive near 'Itch' to get to Ryton Organic Gardens :D

Dilly, I hope that you get yours on time, then we can have a good 'nose' when we come up at the end of the month *tee hee*

Woe, woe, and thrice woe. Just had a phone call - no delivery date for me :cry::cry:

I just have to wait until they have cleared the backlog :cry::cry::cry:

No egg hatching for broody Dilly Dilly :cry::cry:

Never mind - I did guess as much didn't I :roll:

I am assuming that if we haven't heard from Omlet, then our deliveries will be on schedule.

Being a little behind the pioneers is probably no bad thing. I am expecting my cube on Thursday, and am getting a little nervous. How on earth am I going to make the chickens go up the ladder at night if they don't want to? (A broom will just make them go under the cube.) And are they intelligent enough to learn to use the strange new feeders?

By the time you get your cube, there will be all sorts of advice on the forum from those of us who have learnt the hard way. I don't even know how much room in the garden I should leave for manoeuvre.

Sweetcorn Gallina! :D

That's what we did when we made a ladder up onto a platform (which is where James saw the idea you know! )

We placed a few sweetcorn kernels onto each step and they were soon up there. No problems at all. They like perching on the steps as well - our cockerels do it now as they have a step into their shed.

That sounds a good idea. But it's going to be a bit tricky getting the sweetcorn on the ladder, as I am having an extended run like the one on the right:

eglu_cube_run_choice_purple.gif

Perhaps my arm will reach the ladder through the eggport. I suspect that it's going to be old clothes and crawling through the door of the run! Or keep them out in the net pen then post them through the egg-port.

I should think so too :lol::lol::lol: You will just have to come back again later in the summer.

At least then I will have some veggie goodies from up the allotment. :wink:

That sounds a good idea. But it's going to be a bit tricky getting the sweetcorn on the ladder, as I am having an extended run like the one on the right:

Gallina, it shouldn't be too difficult getting the sweetcorn onto the ladder, as the top slides back (and will lift off completely if you want it to) giving you access into the roosting area either for a sneaky peek at sleeping ladies, or for cleaning. Also the entire back section (of the cube not the run) can be easily removed simply by sliding the roof back a bit and then undoing a couple of bolts. Very easy :D Of course getting the sweetcorn onto the ladder will mean stretching across the roosting bars, and it's quite a large area, but it should be do-able without too much trouble.

The chickens that I saw in the cube on Saturday seemed to have no trouble finding their way on and off the ladder, even though they were new to it as well, and only being there for display purposes so to speak, they weren't actually having to find their way up there to roost.

I agree though the small gate will make it harder to catch them if they're inside the run, it's not exactly easy with the current run, but I'd guess it'll be harder with this one.