buffie

Kate, Jenny, Annie, Gallina etc, tell us all about the cube!

I suspect that there are two reasons for this:

(1) The self-assembly leaflet wasn't ready at the end of last week: I assume that they are writing it on the basis of their own experience of putting cubes together, and different problems will come to light in different situations. Although it didn't look too difficult to do, it was time-consuming, and everything has to be done in exactly the right order.

(2) There may be teething problems (holes not quite right etc) which they are able to sort out as they erect the cubes. These need to be ironed out before they let everyone loose on self-assembly.

I think they want to put the early cubes together themselves so that they are perfect.

(If anyone is in the Omlet delivery area, however, I would recommend paying an extra £10 and getting another chicken: this saves a lot of time and work, as the cube will be brought and assembled by Omlet at no extra charge -- and you can't have too many chickens.)

As said I got my date but am now slighlty miffed if leannes been told mid june and has only just ordered and morga ordered hers middle of may and has been told 22nd june yet I ordered mine over 3 weeks ago and have got end of june (nothing against them Im pleased they have them I'm just feeling got at for living in east anglia

Surely once they have the booklets printed which shouldnt take long it should get back to the normal order pretty quickly. Fee I feel the same

Bronze, my date was given (when we placed the order)as 19th June, and its by courier because we are too far away for personal service.I am keeping fingers crossed (after reading other threads) that this date isnt put back at all, its too long to wait already :lol:

I would think that the first few weeks of deliveries would be hectic, but once they are 'in the swing of things' so to speak, it should settle down a little and hopefully we'll all get our cubes sooner rather than later. This will be our 3rd eglu and the excitement doesnt wear off!

Fee you sound exactly like I felt last week, everyone seemed to have theirs before us, even though we were told we were one of the first

We are closer to Omlet HQ than some people who have had their cubes already and I have stamped my foot and cried a few tears of frustration but it still hasn't brought my cube any sooner.

I really do know how you are feeling and although it's not much consolation your date will come round very quickly and you will be soon sitting in your garden with your lovely cube (and new chooks)? and wondering what all the fuss was about

I have just had a quite upsetting phonecall this evening and really life is too short, it's only a piece of plastic.

Chin up, it will soon be here :):)

Bronze - I live in Norfolk and I am in the same position as you. I think (but do not know) that the logical reason might be that

(a) As mentioned before - there might be some adjustments needing to be addressed so by delivering the ones they can, and assembling them, they can identify any of these and correct them

(b) The new design feeders and drinkers were not made so those who having theirs delivered were receiving Glug and Grubs until the new ones were ready. Logically too, from Omlet's point of view, it would not be cost effective to send out all the cubes with glug and grubs and then to bear the cost of sending out the new feeders and drinkers at a later date-it would duplicate the work and expense.

© If the instructions for putting the cube together have not been finalised yet - that too will hold up deliveries.

As much as I too would like my cube, I really do feel happier that the cube is being thoroughly 'tested' by the team, and will be happy knowing that when I do eventually get mine, it will be perfect, easy to assemble, and all the parts will be there.

I guess we all have been waiting for news of a new bigger Eglu for a year or so, so can understand how people feel now that is has actually been 'released' - but it will be worth the wait, and all these little hiccups will all be forgotten in a few months time when we all have them in our gardens.

I'm sounding very impatient, I know - its not the delivery date thats annoying me so much as the inconsistency of what everyones being told. I'm totally prepared to wait my turn, after all I only ordered on 7th May, but I don't like being fobbed off with wharever story they can come up with at the time. Stories of couriered cubes not getting sent out as theres no instruction leaflet, then seeing that some people are getting them by courier (presumably without instructions). I just want the facts (and a date :wink: ).

I think I'm just grumpy too

I don't need it yet. I'm keeping my existing girls in the eglu for now and when the hatched ones are old enough they'll go in the cube til I put them together so I have ages before its needed.

Its curiosity too

and just a wee bit of it seeming unfair that theyre not in order but thats me being British and having to have orderly queues and stuff

I've kind of got a 3 week plan - the big chicks were going in to sleep with the big girls (they mix during the day but sleep in the pink eglu in 1 of the growers runs). They'll be 14 weeks by then.

The next lot of chicks would be moving from purple growers run to pink growers run at 10 weeks.

And the 2 lots of chicks in my utility room would be going out together to purple growers run.

Thats the plan, if I get my cube, but might need to alter it - just thought it would be better for the big girls and big chicks to be moving to a new home at the same time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I sincerely feel that Johannes etc are doing their best to ensure that the product they send out is perfect in every way and up to our demanding high standards - and I can understand the mixed messages that people are getting is frustrating.

But far better to wait - and get clear concise tried and tested instructions, new feeder and water containers, and a top notch product way better than anything else on the market.

Well worth the wait I say - even though little chick banties will cost me a £1 a week extra to keep at the breeders :lol::lol::lol:

I know I am very privileged to have my Cube so early: but do remember we early people also suffered the same uncertainty. We had delivery dates that were weeks earlier, with days off work booked, only to have our hopes dashed. Poor Emma had rescue chickens arriving, and she nearly ended up needing rescuing herself!

Even on the day before delivery, I was very dubious I would ever get the Cube, especially after my delivery time was changed from 8am to 9am to 11am and back to 9am again.

My original order was lost; and then on the night the Cube arrived they must have found the order, because James rang to check whether I really wanted a second Cube (I was nearly tempted to say Yes).

I wonder if Omlet are sending out deliveries by courier to the nearest areas first just in case they have to go out later and make adjustments? I can see why Jan and his Van would want to tackle the nearest clusters (more satisfied customers and less driving), but it doesn't make sense when a courier is doing the delivery unless they think they might need to make a visit later.

I imagine that the instructions are now ready, so that shouldn't be the problem any more.

Sounds to me as if they completely underestimated the level of interest, and responded too early to requests. I suppose the premature announcement in the childrens' newspaper got people nagging them for more info and wanting to place orders....and instead of sitting tight they responded too soon, before they were up and running properly.

In trying to please their customers, they have ended up disappointing some of their most loyal ones.

Well I've not even ordered mine yet! Holding off a little bit as I want to know if there are any problems with the cube at all. Plus going on holiday on Friday for 2 weeks, then when we get back it's only 2 weeks until my sisters wedding, so I wouldn't want it until July!

But... and it's a big but - we are staying in Bicester, Oxford for the first 5 - 6 days....not too far away from Omlet!!!!!! :wink:

Emma.x

Well I've not even ordered mine yet! Holding off a little bit as I want to know if there are any problems with the cube at all. Plus going on holiday on Friday for 2 weeks, then when we get back it's only 2 weeks until my sisters wedding, so I wouldn't want it until July!

But... and it's a big but - we are staying in Bicester, Oxford for the first 5 - 6 days....not too far away from Omlet!!!!!! :wink:

Emma.x

If you've got a big car/van, then you could pick it up, but do call first. You're going to be very near me too if you fancy a jaunt to Banbury. Give me a ring - youd be welcome if I'm around.