buffie

Kate, Jenny, Annie, Gallina etc, tell us all about the cube!

The inside of the Cube itself (i.e. the sleeping quarters) is huge. Ten hens will easily fit in.

The run with one extension (3m) that I have is supposed to be big enough for ten hens, but I only plan to go up to eight, as mine don't get out often enough. The extra width makes the run seem much more comfortable and roomy, and they won't fall over each other.

At the moment I am thinking of putting my Cochin with a new Cochin friend in the Mark 2 Eglu, which is big enough for two large hens; and then my other four plus four new friends would go in the Cube. But I keep changing my mind.

feemcg asked

What did they tell you about delivery Morag?

AnnieP wrote

Colour? Date?

I spoke to Johannes this morning and ordered a purple cube. As we're not ordering chickens from Omlet it's coming by courier, hopefully on 22nd June. Johannes said he got home around 10pm yesterday and was amazed to find he'd been tracked all day!

Morag

feemcg asked
What did they tell you about delivery Morag?

AnnieP wrote

Colour? Date?

I spoke to Johannes this morning and ordered a purple cube. As we're not ordering chickens from Omlet it's coming by courier, hopefully on 22nd June. Johannes said he got home around 10pm yesterday and was amazed to find he'd been tracked all day!

Morag

Yay

a months not oo bad really

aaaaaand it means mine must definitely be less than a month

maybe we should start a thread with order dates and delivery dates when we know then. Then we really would be tracking is every move

I was not given a date but they did say about 6 weeks. As they are so busy I don't want to push them for a date but hope that by not pushing them I don't get knocked further down the list :cry: . They did say they were getting them out in strict order so I am clinging to that. It's hard to be patient though :roll:

Good news re the ladder:

An extremely fat and lazy Cochin with very short legs who has never been seen to jump in her life and is unable to fly (all Cochins are too heavy to get off the ground) can get up the ladder to the Cube. If she can do it, any hen can.

I came home from work to find her having her usual afternoon nap on the bars, but this time upstairs. And her two friends in the Cube have stopped making the whining distressed noise they were doing constantly yesterday, so I think they have all settled in.

Settling the two new hens into the old Eglu seemed much easier. I didn't expect it to be this way round.

Jill, I haven't phoned up chasing mine either - I didn't want to add to their stress.

I was given the date of 17th May, then like others got a call from Johannes explaining the reasons for the delay - as he did for others too. So I am taking him at his word that they will arrived strictly in chronological order.

We Brits are known to wait patiently in queues aren't we :wink:

But if someone has beem given a June date and just ordered - that is brilliant cos it means our deliveries will be sooner, and it will cost me less money to have my new young bantams stay at the breeders. (A £1 per bird per week). I was concerned I would need a second mortgage if it was too long :lol::lol::lol:

Y'know.....I quite fancy Johannes....... :oops:

you know Ive never met the guy but his ....ness appeals to me

Eh?......His what, Bronze?

hard to describe

I'm sure chookiehen would know what I mean :lol:

He has a certain 'quality' - in fact he shares it with the sublime Mr Seaman - it is total and utter PHWOARness......

Y'know.....I quite fancy Johannes....... :oops:

you know Ive never met the guy but his ....ness appeals to me

Eh?......His what, Bronze?

hard to describe

I'm sure chookiehen would know what I mean :lol:

He has a certain 'quality' - in fact he shares it with the sublime Mr Seaman - it is total and utter PHWOARness......

Ok thats where we differ :vom:

Oh dear! Sobriety has replaced my steadfast self-righteousness with a feeling of deep shame. Seriously. :(

I really want to apologise for that last post and I’m sorry for pouring scorn on such an exciting upbeat thread. I do feel very, very bad about it.

I would also like to apologise to the Omlet team for tarring them with the same brush as Norwich Union et al. I still think you fluffed up the orders but my comments were ridiculous. :oops:

Going off to a corner now to hang my head in shame. Sorry guys!

Dan you've proven yourself a man in my eyes...good for you and off the naughty step you come...Big hugs we're all human and we all want a cube :D

It will now arrive pronto..promise :D

BBxx