scarlettohara

Horrid end to lovely day

Sometimes being left on your own is so hard, I did something today that is entirely my fault. I spent the day with friends and was in a rush after cleaning all the girls, the chicks and making sure everyone had food and water. I forget to leave the conservatory windows open for the guinea pigs (I was getting them used to going outside) and they overheated and died. I was trying to do too many things at once and have only myself to blame,I haven't seen these friends since my husband left and was so looking forward to it. I can't get over that I caused an animal to suffer, I feel that I am back where I was 18 months ago, in floods of tears and feeling useless.

Glad you're feeling a bit brighter this morning......I echo what others have said, it was just an accident so you mustn't make yourself feel too bad! You have so many things going on in your life and head that this just slipped through.

If this had happened when your life was all great and on course, you wouldn't be blaming yourself so much. You're in a very fragile state at the moment so anything seems like a mountain rather than a molehill.

It will get better x

Also lovely that your son came around and gave you such great support, that must mean a lot.

Sometimes being left on your own is so hard, I did something today that is entirely my fault. I spent the day with friends and was in a rush after cleaning all the girls, the chicks and making sure everyone had food and water. I forget to leave the conservatory windows open for the guinea pigs (I was getting them used to going outside) and they overheated and died. I was trying to do too many things at once and have only myself to blame,I haven't seen these friends since my husband left and was so looking forward to it. I can't get over that I caused an animal to suffer, I feel that I am back where I was 18 months ago, in floods of tears and feeling useless.

When my children were young we were given a very freindly rabbit that would rest his head on my foot. Like you i was trying to do too much. We were going to see my mother for the weekend and were leaving after I finished teaching an evening class. It was a bank holiday weekend, I had fed the cats and left enough food and water to last two nights, fed the rabbit and filled the water bottle all was set. I would arrive home and we would leave as soon as I returned home. Unfortunatlly we had a visitor and my young daughter wanted to show off her rabbit, she took the water bootle of the front to get him out and did not replace it. The weekend was very warm with temperatures reaching 20c in London. When we returned home my first thought was to check on the rabbit and as I went out the back I saw the water bottle on the top of the hutch. I new what I was about to find. It still haunts me to this day. He was such a dear sole and no animal should have to suffer. Please try and forgive yourself.