Lesley

Cake Stands

Isn't it funny how things come back into 'trend'? I was clearing the loft out last weekend to find stuff for a jumble sale and found a box of things that I'd taken to another sale years and years ago. I unwrapped everything to check what was in there and found a beautiful art deco, cobalt blue glass, two tier cake stand!! I'd completely forgotten about it - picked it up donkeys years ago from a charity shop I think! It's now been re-assembled and is back on display in the kitchen. What a find! 8)

Isn't it funny how things come back into 'trend'? I was clearing the loft out last weekend to find stuff for a jumble sale and found a box of things that I'd taken to another sale years and years ago. I unwrapped everything to check what was in there and found a beautiful art deco, cobalt blue glass, two tier cake stand!! I'd completely forgotten about it - picked it up donkeys years ago from a charity shop I think! It's now been re-assembled and is back on display in the kitchen. What a find! 8)

Oh wow! sounds gorgeous.

Ooooooooh! - and I know where you live :wink:

I love cobalt blue :drool:

I just can't believe I'd forgotten all about it! :lol: Makes me wonder what else I have stashed up there :think:

DSCF7234.jpg

Hm, not cobalt blue, more of a jade - still quite pretty though. Is it Art Deco? the shape of the handle suggests AD to me, but I am not really au fait with the different art eras!

DSCF7237.jpg

To me it just looks like a carelessly stacked pile of cups and sauces waiting to be washed, dried and put away, with a random lampshade plonked on top.

Eye of the beholder and all that. :lol:

:lol: I have to agree. I don't see the attraction. It reminds me a bit of that awful teapot lamp that they flogged to the French on The Apprentice.

I have missed this post and have just read through it and looked at all of the cake stands. Wow! I am definitely going to give it a go. I may try something with the old records :think: Lesley, that was a fantastic spread :D

To me it just looks like a carelessly stacked pile of cups and sauces waiting to be washed, dried and put away, with a random lampshade plonked on top.

That's what I say my cakestands look like :lol:

Your cake stands are fab ... in quite a different league to the pile of washing up!

Your stands are fab Lesley. They have inspired me to buy a kit thingamy from eBay :D

Well, that's me told then :oops: I saw it in the shop when I was looking at fabrics with my mum last week and it really caught our eye. Not sure I'd have one either at the price, but I thought it striking, and maybe something one could make at home, but with different cups and saucers.

It's quirky, but I'd want pink or red & white spotty dotty cups & saucers & lampshade. 8) White is a bit plain - I don't do plain! I like the lamp too.

The only place those teapot lights would have looked good is above round tables in a cafe. :roll: Again white..if they'd been bright colours then I'd have liked them.

The cake stands were brilliant Lesley. I agree, your spread was enough to make anyone here want to be 'your guest'. :D

Emma.x