Seagazer

Positive thoughts please - missing cat

Meganymoo I'm so pleased your cat has come back, what a relief for you.

We've now had two people ring us to say that he was hit by a car and taken away by the bin men. I know that its him, I can feel it. I am so angry at the moment. We were away with YS's kayaking at the weekend so that took my mind off it for a while but now I'm back and angry. I'm going to write a stinking email to the Council who refused to believe that the bin men would have taken him away. All I want to happen is for someone to feel bad that they've chucked a much loved pet away with the rubbish. My husband thinks I should let it go and that its happened and we move on but I can't. I know I've got to at some point, especially as I've just had a go at him before he left. He was going to do the email to the Complaints Dept but I know he wouldn't put across how strongly I feel about it.

I can't do anything about the driver of the car that killed him, he was black and it was probably dark. They might not have even realised they knocked him over but hopefully if I kick up a stink no-one from the Council's bin collection will ever throw another pet away with the rubbish. :(

Thanks for all your kind words.

Definitely write a letter complaining and perhaps even contact your local paper? You never know, they may run a story on it as it's a pet related thing and it would bring more attention to it.....sadly a letter to a general complaint department within a council may not make it way down to the binmen who are actually out on the job, but an article in the paper might? Just a thought x

I have already thought of writing to the paper. Hubby sent the email in the end and he wrote a good email about how distressed we are with what has happened and how it can't obviously bring Dave back but might make someone think about disposing of an animal the same way. He has a good way with words. I would have written sentimental drivel and been very angry and not got my point across at all well (bit like this!!) :roll: He sent it to the customer service and complaints dept. I shall see what they have to say and then decide about the newspaper.

I took the missing posters down this afternoon as I wanted the bin men to see the posters and perhaps think about what they've done. I noticed one looked at the poster on my son's car.

I have accepted what's happened, I don't like it and I never will. I'm going to just remember the good times with him now.

oh poor Dave, and poor you. I would suggest emailing the council again asking them for a firm date for their response, and just mentioning that if no response received by xxx you might well feel it necessary to contact the local press on behalf of Dave and other pet owners. nothing like a deadline to gee people up!

We got an email yesterday confirming receipt of our complaint and that it was being passed onto the refuse collection department who will obviously deny all knowledge of doing the dirty deed, in fear of getting reprimanded. The email then asks us to fill in a customer service questionnaire into how happy we are with Bexley Council response - don't think I can write down on a family forum what I think of them :twisted:

I fully expect to have a whitewash reply. Then I'll write to the paper.