beach chick

My poor Ozzie seriously ill

well, about half an hour after we got home we were wondering why we'd missed him! :lol::lol:

he is so bored poor soul, but vet says to keep him calm and quiet, on-lead outings only, no running or bouncing... plus we have a bucket-full of pills he has to have every day - antibiotics for the next 4 days, not because he has an infection but to avoid one; these are 4 x a day. then some antacids twice a day, plus something else which has to be given 2 hours before one dose of the antacids... so the current regime is tablets at 8am, 12 noon, 2pm, 8 pm, 11pm and midnight :shock: not sure I'm up to all that and will have to tweak the timings tomorrow - maybe move them all forward an hour, I'm not good at midnight. plus back to vet for blood tests every 48 hours for the next few days, then a review in a couple of weeks time to see how we establish whether the ulcer has healed (maybe another endoscopy or poss faecal test).

boiled rice and chicken/white fish diet... I actually dont know how much to feed him so will have to call and check that in the morning.

he has a completely shaved tummy, shaved patches on both front legs where they've taken blood and another on his throat. poor baby! but at least he's home.

Good luck with all the meds....I bet youhave them all written down & tick them off as administered, I know I would...............errr actually I have.... & Pops has only got one type of tablets twice a day in her breakfast & dinner :lol:

Big snuggles for you all, it's been a hard few days, and it's not going to be normal for a while yet by the sounds of it.Ihope everything continues to heal & improve.

Snuffles for the big fella from the Wild girls too xx

we had another blood test yesterday am - no results yet but am assuming ok as vet did not call... will find out tomorrow.

he seems to be doing ok - on the rice/chicken/fish for another 2 weeks ( :shock::shock: sorry, but am buying the cheapest I can... :oops::( )

had 30 mins in the woods today which he enjoyed, but he def not fully fit. gums still v. pale, but he is full of enthusiasm for life!

just an update. blood still at 34% but no cause for concern. STILL on the chicken/fish and rice/pasta diet - another 2 weeks at least. the dog eats better than we do, and I cook more often for him than us :roll:

next blood test on Saturday; then in a fortnight or so decision as to next stage - either another endoscopy or a poo test to establish what the ulcer is doing. I think we will go for the cheapest option...

blood count is back to normal, and today - after 5 days of fish and rice - had to take a poo sample to the vet. it had to be as fresh as possible, and I got it there within 25 minutes of 'production' :vom::lol: now waiting for results.

collecting it was NOT easy as it had to go into one of those little tubes they give you for blood/wee samples. if you have ever tried scooping a large dog's poo into a tube with a very narrow opening you will appreciate that this is not the most enjoyable of tasks...