Egluntyne Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 Sara Lund is back! BBC 4 9pm Saturday 19th November. ( Not 13th as previously stated.) Not enough time to knit a Faroes jumper. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 erm, i think I missed series 1 (oh the joys of freeview!!!) is it worth watching then? cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 Series 1 was excellent Cathy. I thought this one was never going to come. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pips_pekins Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 I thought series 1 was brilliant. I rented the box set and watched the whole lot back to back when I was stuck in bed poorly. Can't wait for more of the jumper Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lizinsa Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 I agree, it's really good. My Mum and I got so obsessed with it over the summer we even watched several episodes a day whilst we were on holiday! There are 20 episodes and each one follows a day of the investigation. It is quite slow paced but that helps to build the tension and allows many a twist and turn along the way! I'm going to visit my Mum for the 1st episode, I'm thinking of trying to get us both a Faroes jumper to wear in Lund's honour! Its real title is Forbrydelsen (the crime) don't get confused with the American version of The Killing as in no way does it compare to the original and although they started with the same story, the American one isn't as dark and still hasn't solved the story after 1 series! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 Can't wait Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 Ahh, missed this post yesterday. Hope it's on iplayer soon or repeated. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 I read it as being tonight but now I am confused. I can't see it on iplayer for or on the TV guide for tonight...off to investigate Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 I read it as being tonight but now I am confused. I can't see it on iplayer for or on the TV guide for tonight...off to investigate It's on next Saturday. Wonder if they re-scheduled it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 Yes, it starts on Saturday 19th November . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 13, 2011 Author Share Posted November 13, 2011 I read it as being tonight but now I am confused. I can't see it on iplayer for or on the TV guide for tonight...off to investigate Sorry ... my mistake ... it is next Sat 19th. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 phew! As long as I haven't missed it I am happy. I loved the last series and can't wait Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clootie Posted November 14, 2011 Share Posted November 14, 2011 Sara Lund is back! BBC 4 9pm Saturday 19th November. ( Not 13th as previously stated.) Not enough time to knit a Faroes jumper. I had no idea! Thnks E - I loved that series!! Made my day you have Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickendoodle Posted November 14, 2011 Share Posted November 14, 2011 I will be there, glued to the TV. Hope it is as good as the first series Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 16, 2011 Author Share Posted November 16, 2011 Get a copy of next week's Radio Times for a free knitting pattern for the latest Sara jumper! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 16, 2011 Share Posted November 16, 2011 You'll be the splitting image Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 16, 2011 Share Posted November 16, 2011 Get a copy of next week's Radio Times for a free knitting pattern for the latest Sara jumper! Really? - you're kidding Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 16, 2011 Author Share Posted November 16, 2011 Honestly! What's more it's quite nice. Who will be the first I wonder? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 16, 2011 Share Posted November 16, 2011 Crafty swap project? We could all be getting them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jennifer Jane Posted November 17, 2011 Share Posted November 17, 2011 Crafty swap project? We could all be getting them I would really love one for my crafty swap (hint, hint) but I suppose I'd better buy the RT just in case I'm not that lucky. I am so looking forward to the new series. We were glued to the last one. Can this series be as good I wonder? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pips_pekins Posted November 18, 2011 Share Posted November 18, 2011 I can't wait for tomorrow! Had some breakfast telly on in the background this morning as I was pottering around the house and I was sure I heard them say that Sarah Lund's jumper is selling for around £300 Anyway, couldn't believe my ears so googled it and found this article:- http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2011/feb/21/jumper-is-star-the-killing 280 euros, no wonder she wears it every day Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted November 18, 2011 Share Posted November 18, 2011 I'm not sure which I loved more, the series or the jumper. Actually the jumper reminded me of Charley Brown's one. I feel sure that Sarah once wore one with the colour the other way round The series was such fun - I was glued and when I took the dogs out to the local park everyone seemed to be discussing it in a way that people just haven't shared TV programs since the advent of Freeview and the many different channels. (Showing my age there - I know). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted November 19, 2011 Share Posted November 19, 2011 I'm smiling reading this thread. My husband loved the first series, but I never watched it- I have a bit of catching up to do My mum is a really good knitter, & she is going to knit him the jumper just got to order the wool now. Egluntyne thanks for the tip about the pattern being in the radio times Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted November 19, 2011 Share Posted November 19, 2011 Have you seen this site? http://allfiberarts.com/2011/sarah-lund-brown-sweater-motif.htm It was saved in hubby's favourites Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 20, 2011 Author Share Posted November 20, 2011 What did we all think? I'm already hooked. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...