bluekarin Posted November 20, 2011 Share Posted November 20, 2011 Me too. I only watched the US version of the first series, but this is much, much better. Is it as good as series 1 of the Danish programme? Can't wait for next weeks. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 20, 2011 Author Share Posted November 20, 2011 Sara Lund's red Jumper: Click Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted November 20, 2011 Share Posted November 20, 2011 I'm hooked all over again. The first installment seemed a bit like a normal who done it . . . but then that The Killing gripping tempo began all over again and I just can't wait for next week. The new political guy doesn't quite come up to the last one however. I had a bit of a soft spot for him Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 20, 2011 Share Posted November 20, 2011 I'm lost already but did fall asleep. Can't believe it after all the wait Did we ever get to see the husband of the murdered woman? Will watch it again. Double episode next week again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lizinsa Posted November 20, 2011 Share Posted November 20, 2011 I'm hooked again! Because I watched series 1 after it had been shown on TV, I had all the episodes so could binge when I needed the fix, now I have to be restrained and only watch it once a week! I'm still a bit confused by some of it, but that's part of the beauty, there's always more questions than answers. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
alih Posted November 21, 2011 Share Posted November 21, 2011 In only wish I could knit!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 27, 2011 Author Share Posted November 27, 2011 Episodes three and four didn't disappoint. Still suspenseful and intriguing. Loving the new sidekick. Anyone else find that they are beginning to understand a bit of the dialogue? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted November 27, 2011 Share Posted November 27, 2011 Apart from "ok", "allo" and "Azerbaijan", not really . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickendoodle Posted November 28, 2011 Share Posted November 28, 2011 Just read an article about the series - apparently the writer does not let the cast see the script for the next episode (he is actually still writing it when they are filming!) so that they do not give any innapropriate reactions when talking to the real killer as they have no idea either. I love Sarah Lund - she is so single minded (would probably be a hopeless friend though ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 28, 2011 Author Share Posted November 28, 2011 I wonder if she forgot to check about the nuts in the cakes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
alih Posted November 28, 2011 Share Posted November 28, 2011 My OH and I were just saying the same about the cakes!! Thoroughly enjoying this series but I so loved the bereaved family and portrayal of grief in the last one that I miss that human aspect of it thsi time around. It certainly feels faster too! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted November 28, 2011 Share Posted November 28, 2011 Yes I miss the slightly more human side of things. This one is more like a British 'who done it' with murders having, it seems, little impact on anyone other than to be a puzzle. In series one I thought the dreadful mess that the murder created in so very many people's lives (e.g. the wrongly accused and the family and friends) was really well portrayed. But Sarah Lund herself is as good as ever. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted December 11, 2011 Author Share Posted December 11, 2011 My this is getting exciting ... and I definitely understood a whole chunk of what the discredited minister was saying! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted December 11, 2011 Share Posted December 11, 2011 I think this series is possibly better than the last, I was on the edge of my seat last night. The write ups I saw beforehand said it was nowhere near as good but they are wrong. Red herrings and intrigue, I didn't see it coming that Perk could be her sidekick. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sadietoo Posted December 11, 2011 Share Posted December 11, 2011 My OH is absolutely addicted to this, but I confess I am finding it very confusing...and it doesn't help that I keep dozing off in the second episode of the evening, so then I have to try and catch up in the week....I must try harder.... It is a very strange language to listen to....a few words very anglicised though.. .... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted December 12, 2011 Share Posted December 12, 2011 I love trying to fathom the language. It is almost as much fun as trying to fathom the plot Danish seems quite Germanic. I used to be an adict of Wolander and Swedish was even more fun to fathom. To my total amazement it was even more like English than German or than the Romance languages like French and Spanish, with lots of words being the same and not only modern Americanese words either. Is it because it too is based on Sanscript??? If anyone knows I'd love to find out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted December 17, 2011 Share Posted December 17, 2011 Wow what an ending. Wait till all you people watching strictly catch up. .................................then you can explain it to me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted December 17, 2011 Share Posted December 17, 2011 I know! I had my heart in my mouth at one point. I'm still a bit confused, but thats due to YD wanting to watch Nightmare before christmas, so I missed most of the previous episode. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted December 18, 2011 Share Posted December 18, 2011 Another brilliant series. Saturday nights won't be the same though now without it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted December 18, 2011 Share Posted December 18, 2011 Wow! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted December 19, 2011 Share Posted December 19, 2011 Another brilliant series. Saturday nights won't be the same though now without it. Yes, but there's gonna be a third series Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted December 19, 2011 Share Posted December 19, 2011 Another brilliant series. Saturday nights won't be the same though now without it. Yes, but there's gonna be a third series Yes, I forgot to post that-lol and there's an interesting Danish prog starting as well in the New Year that they mentioned. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted December 22, 2011 Author Share Posted December 22, 2011 Watched the final episode last night. It didn't disappoint! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted December 22, 2011 Share Posted December 22, 2011 and another series being filmed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...