Mercedes55

Shoplifting

I was in our local Tesco Express earlier today with OH and we saw this little girl of only about 5/6yrs old quite sneakily take a handful of chocolate money, stuff it in her pocket and then keep her hand over it and not pay for it. Don't think her father was aware of what she had done, or maybe he was and just turned a blind eye. However we said nothing as this guy was built like a wrestler and the area we were in isn't the best of areas. I'm just really gobsmacked that kids of that age don't seem to have any regard for the law or what is right and wrong. Or perhaps they do but just don't care :?

It is a worry and is sadly a sign of the times, to risk sounding like my mother for a minute!

It seems to be that things like this are just a way of life and the 'norm' for some children. Kids of that age know simple right from wrong.

The other worry is why she did it.

That's a very sad reflection on today's society.

I remember being about 12/13 and shopping with my Mum in Asda, I walked down the alcohol aisle (as you do at that age) and seeing a lady about 35/40 with a young child about 7/8. The child was wearing a rucksack and I saw her shove a bottle of Baileys in the child's rucksack, I told my Mum and then we went to the atore security guard who didn't believe me.

I found it so disgusting at the time and still do.