I've looked for this topic on the Forum but only 3 posts and that was some time ago so maybe it's a rare problem! I'm finding the bottom of the Eglu is wet underneath the droppings tray most times I clean out. We have had rain so I'm assuming it's seeping in from somewhere - the egg hatch seems most likely. Has anyone else found this and if so is there a way of sealing the hatch better?

I suspect it may be rain running down the back of the eglu and poo tray, and then onto the floor underneath the tray. I sometimes find that the poo tray itself is damp along the back edge, again presumably from rain dripping onto the top lip and running inside.

As long as the chooks are not getting wet, I have just left things as they are. You could try putting some sort of cover above the back of the eglu to see if it makes any difference.

I moved my eglu a couple of weeks ago as the bottom under the tray was completely full of rain water. It was facing down a slope - so I think the heavy rain was running in under the tray. I'm hoping that it is more sheltered now and it will not happen, as it is across the slope(does that make sense?) and has more shelter from a fence :think: I also have water inside the eggport door - has anyone any experience of that?

I bought a 2nd hand Eglu about 3 weeks ago and that has water in it. Interestingly, I can hear it "sploshing" if I move it, but there is not sign of where it has entered, or, where it could leave!

My thoughts? My chooks are dry, that's all I need to worry about. :lol: