pips_pekins

Clumpy aubiose

Thought I should check this as not had it before but opened a new bag of aubiose and it has clumps in it, like cotton wool and seems more dusty than usual. I had already used it before I started to notice these soft clumps and because of the diatom I hadn't really appreciated how dusty it is until today. It is not because it has been wet or damp simply an issue with production I imagine. Has anyone else noticed this? I have been using aubiose for a while now this is the first bag like this.

Any comments would be appreciated (even if it is 'get a life' :lol: !)

Thanks.

I dont know if they have changed the way they make it or what its made of but I have found that Aubiose has dropped in quality and value for money

the bales are now very loosely packed, its darker and looks grubby, its less absorbant and its lumpy

I love Plospan shavings but my supplier is changing over to Hemcore so I will start using that as it seems very good

Goodness - I have just bought 10 bales,so I hope they are not affected too!

Haven't had any problems with quality here so far apart from one bale which had a core of mouldy wet stuff through the middle (this was a long while back),but the shop I bought it from exchanged it with no problems.

my supplier is changing over to Hemcore so I will start using that as it seems very good

Ooh, who is your supplier? I thought FlyteSoFancy had the sole selling rights for Hemcore now, maybe that's changed?

I like Aubiose, but I prefer Hemcore in the summer because the Eucalyptus helps (a little) with the flies.

It's Bagforce in Brackley. I can't imagine that FSF would have an exclusive on such a popular product

You're correct. I remember now. There was a problem getting Hemcore everywhere, and they started supplying a product called HempBed-E. That's the product they have exclusive rights for.

Sorry about the error.

I used Aubiose for a while, but have gone back to Bliss, which is cheaper and with which I have never had any problems. It is a little bit co"Ooops, word censored!"r than Aubiose and Hemcore, but made from rape straw, and comes in two types - eucalyptus for winter (which gets a bit pongy when wet) and citronella for summer.

I've not used Auboise as my local supplier does not stock it. However I had a similar experience with Hemcore and after two bales of clumps that was awful for my girls and me I asked my supplier for recommendations. Bless him - he put a small hole in each type of bedding he stocks and I settled on Bedmax (not literally - but it's fine for kneeling on). Been using it about 18 months and never had a problem. It's good in the compost and in the borders after use too.