The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

More rain here yesterday afternoon and evening and the wind got up too.

The poor bantam chicks in the (blue eglu) and run had a built in paddling pool when I got home yesterday evening, even though it was covered. It now has a big tarpaulin over it and I have changed all the bedding so they should be more comfortable today but it is a bit dark in the run but at least they will be dry hopefully :D

Chrissie

Rain again, The hens are huddled up with their heads tucked under their wings, The cat keeps

coming in and out through the study window leaving paw prints (my fault for letting him). The labs

are loving it in their water proof fur coats but the spangle look like drowned rats after their walk.

At least i won't get distracted for my study with nice garden pottering weather.

Very high winds last night :shock:

There's a tree down in the field, my garden has been battered, my veggies have been feasted upon in the raised beds by every slug and snail in the vicinity and the tarps are billowing like sails on the WIR. :twisted:

Hate summer gales with a vengeance!!

The rain has eased today but the sky looks like dirty dishwater.

I saw a weather report on line yesterday, showing that the gulf stream is stuck in a more southerly position again, therefore dragging in all these nasty weather fronts from the Atlantic. Wish it would bloomin well sort itself out! Could do with a lovely, warm summer- it's been a while... :roll:

Yes, it's that strange blue colour this morning :doh:

Mind you, it was cloudy and 8deg at 6am and felt almost autumnal when I went out first thing... the chickens will be starting an early moult at this rate :roll:

It's not due to last though... showers and possible thunder forecast.