The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

Wet and nasty :(

Not as windy though, thankfully.

We're having to light the rayburn- not for warmth, as it's still quite muggy, but to keep the damp at bay!

There seems to be a complete lack of definition between the seasons these days... fed up of it :evil:

It is very dark an threatening here but quite warm and humid 16 degrees. It is ED's prom tonight and she is currently washing and vacuuming our 23 year old Volvo estate, which she then wants to decorate with ribbon and use it as her limo for the evening. I have a nasty feeling that it is going to rain on her parade. :(

I think we're going Saturday afternoon/evening if the weather is good so shout if you're there and we'll meet up.

Ah, it will be Sunday for us as we are still away on Saturday.

It does look nice though - never heard of it before :roll:

Just had this from the H&S wallahs at head office (they are a bit obsessed as some of our staff spend a lot of time driving):

The Met have issued early AMBER weather warnings for – Friday 6th July 2012.

Amber warnings meaning – be prepared.

Please reflect on the driving risks and issues noted below

Use the links to plan and check any intended journeys – especially long journeys.

The Met have issued Amber warnings for the:-

the Midlands northwards to Newcastle.

The Met have issued Yellow warnings for the:-

Other areas of the UK except for the south west England/Wales and very north of Scotland

As extracted from the Met web site:-

Issued at - 04 Jul 2012, 12:19

Valid from - 06 Jul 2012, 00:05

Valid to - 06 Jul 2012, 23:55

Heavy and persistent rain is likely to extend north and west across many eastern, northern and central parts of England and Wales on Friday, reaching much of southern Scotland later in the day.

This is likely to lead to surface water flooding, particularly in the Amber area, where there is an increasing likelihood of river flooding.

The public should be prepared for disruption to travel and outdoor activities. The rain across central England, East Anglia and southeast England should ease later in the day.

Hey ho... at least my lawn is very green 8)

We had a pretty good day yesterday, typical because it was my day for the office, but we did have an alfresco lunch and then we ate our tea in the garden at home, it was a beautiful evening. Today back to reality 16 degrees humid and tipping down. :roll: