The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

Glad I got our lawn done, my second load of washing got very wet though and i left it out overnight knowing that it would be dry first thing and I had just finished my breakfast when a heavy shower started, I dashed out and brought it in and it was just about dry, glad I did because it really came down for about 10 minutes afterwards.

It is raining here at the moment, not big news I know, but we do have a few chinks of blue sky. :roll:

Very windy, dark and lashing with rain here :roll:

On a more positive note, we're supposed to see better weather at the end of this week and through into next week 8)

I've had the stove going every evening since Friday last week. A friend nipped home at lunchtime to put warm tights on :shock:

I've had the stove going every evening since Friday last week. A friend nipped home at lunchtime to put warm tights on :shock:

We keep lighting our rayburn too. Mainly to keep the damp at bay and to dry the washing!

I live in flip flops in the summer, but my feet were freezing this morning! I hope your prediction for next week extends down our way :pray:

Chucked it down here in soggy Surrey this afternoon. I thought yesterday's deluge was bad enough, but this afternoon we had hail which turned our grass white, along with thunder and lightning and LOADS of rain too. The chickens are all on perches or on anything above ground. Think I ought to have ducks instead. :lol:

My grass is in desperate need of cutting.

I called my little dog to me while putting out the towels today, a brief hour of dry weather, she came and gave me her usual bark , but i didn't see her so called again and she barked, she was sat right up to my leg and i hadn't seen her, she is 8 inches tall . I just saw her head over the grass, i tried not to laugh but couldn't help it.

If by any chance it stays dry tonight i will cut the grass in the morning.

( just two little showers today, got the towels dry though, a nice breeze, i'd forgotten that the sun was so bright.

My grass also needs cutting :roll:

Light showers here, on and off all day. Managed to get out at lunchtime and dash across to Tesco without getting wet, and back again!

Just checked the weather forecast for North Yorkshire next week, cold and rainy every day except Tuesday. Looks like it will be a fun 'summer' holiday!

Went to dogwalk in bright sunshine, lucky that I had my waterproof though as the heavens opened and it really thrashed down, rivers running along the paths and road. Rain ran right off my waterproof and down my legs soaking my gym leggings :roll: Was wearing a thermal t shirt, fleece and waterproof but still felt chilly.