The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

What a great day !!!!!!!

Two days of decorating...ceilings and sitting room walls...all done and dry, even went out and cleaned out the girls last evening as i heard the rain was coming back and wanted the run to have clean bedding ( i hate doing it in the rain ), I got three wash loads dry too, a mad flurry of activity....Why ???? To Beat the Rain.

It started here at 06.00 and it has teemed down to the point of Monsoon proportions verging on cyclone.....i have experienced both so i know . But really ! Is this really English weather , even when wet ? It just goes on and on .

The satalite images do nothing to thrill my dying hope of some sort of summer before autumn gets here. Even the thought of a good screening of Wimbledon is dying and i love the tennis . Starting to have doubts for the olympics too, except it will suit our athletes......won't it ?

But I cling desperately onto my hope of a day sat in the garden in shorts and skimpy top , fingers curled round a cool glass of something nice, while the bees flit from rose to rose seeking out the golden necter.....see i said i was clinging on with hope .

I am sick and fed up of the weather. Have had a banging head for days due to it. Nearly everyone I know has got colds and/or sore throats as well. At least it's not raining here now but we need a really good storm to clear the air.

Managed to get the lawn mown yesterday. The morning was really hot and muggy.

By mid afternoon, the rain returned... with a vengeance! Blimey it was heavy! :shock:

Woke up to a dry but dull morning and managed to walk the dog but it's tipping down again now.

I've had to divert the rainwater over the hedge and into the field. The buts couldn't handle it and I've filled every available receptacle to the brim.

The longest day today- Happy Solstice everyone... please can we have our summer back? :roll::lol:

Anyone who knows me well would tell you i love the rain.... But this is getting ridiculous!!! My kids look outside and say "its camping weather again". It has bounced down leaving rivers and mini ponds everywhere. My veggies are struggling but the lawn and my flower beds (the green bits anyway) are going bananas and out of control!!! Xxx

Cold and very windy here with just a few showers, but glowering clouds. They said on local radio this morning that there will be no weather worth spending time outdoors in, for at least a fortnight.

I am off outside to cut back some bushes so I don't get soaked everytime I go to check on the greenhouse :roll:

It's done nothing but rain heavily all day and we've got wheely bins blowing around as well. Olympic torch stuff for tonight has been cancelled at Blackpool due to the weather. Edit, some of it'a going to be happening inside now but a lot of other events on in the day on the Fylde were cancelled :(

Edited by Guest

Very windy but warm here today.

We've had lots of sunshine after a cloudy start. I'm hoping it'll stay dry tomorrow too..

I really need to clean out the cube! :pray:

My hay fever is driving me mad today, although I've had it quite bad through all the heavy rain over the past few weeks too :roll:

It really did hammer down on Saturday, we were over at the John Radcliffe when it started and it was really loud even through the closed double glazed windows on the fifth floor. :shock: We then had to drive back in it, ED was driving all good experince for her, the road surface on the A40 between Oxford and Cheltenham is awful so many potholes and really worn, even worse in torrential rain.

OH got up early yesterday to cut the front hedge and he kept getting rained off with the electric hedge cutters, he eventually got it done and needed DS to help take the bags to the tip, by the time he came back at about midday the sun came out and it was lovely but very blustery for the rest of the day.

It dawned sunny and warm here, but is more overcast now. Hopefully it will be a good wash day, DS tidied his room yesterday so my washing basket is overflowing. :roll: