The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

Was so cold this morning that I went to work with jeans, long sleeve t shirt, fleece plus down bodywarmer and had to put a heater on when I got there. We then had rain. The sun then came out and it was boiling hot! Colder now though. Think the electric blanket will be going on to warm the bed up if the temp drops anymore.

I had to go to Lilleshall National Sports Centre near Telford for an archery meeting yesterday and coming home late afternoon on the M6 the rain was so heavy I could not see what lane I was in on the motorway. Very scary. I hate driving at the best of times so I was very relieved to get home safely.

There was heavy rain at home too a parcel left by the postman was very soggy and the poor bantam chick's run is looking rather soggy even though it is covered :( We had thunder in the evening and daughter in Uppingham had hail :shock:

Chrissie

Lovely warm sun yesterday but rain last evening and overnight.

It's very dark outside and the rain is teeming down. It's a very gloomy scene!

We are forecast gales later on today and the wind is really brewing. I'm going to quickly see to the chooks and then batten down the hatches :shock:

Poor OH has to drive all the way to Dartmouth and back today- don't envy him that trip across Dartmoor!

To say i am getting fed up of this weather is an understatement. :twisted:

All you Mr Arthur sufferers i send all gentle {{{{{{hugs}}}}} as i know this wetness is causing you awful pain. :(

I have braved the mornings wet and taken a boot full of garden mess to the tip and all i can say is "It really is poo out there and that predicted wind ???? well it is stirring .

Going to have a wallow in a hot bath and not go out again today.....I will knit or crochet something like a set of gloves and hat ready for the summer I fear we are not going to get.

We have had 75mm of rain since Friday and it is still coming down. It has rained steadily all day here and then came down in stair rods late afternoon there was so much water everywhere. It was my job to take the post this evening at work I waited for as long as I could and just about managed not to get soaked. Fire is lit this evening.