The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

Can go right off some folks :roll:

Well, the Weather Channel app ion my phone (brilliant) was right - it forecast rain around 9.45am, and is started at 10.02am!!!

Now raining in earnest, but with Phil up for the weekend we have got loads of wood chopped/sawed up and other bits done in the garden. Coming in now and have the stove roaring.

It is so satisfying having plenty of wood chopped and ready to keep you warm, also lovely to come in after finishing outdoors on a day like this and light a well earned fire. We have cleaned out our ladies, picked some blackberries and plums and the apples off our largest tree, fire is just lit and it is now raining and blowing a gale.

Blimey steady on there DM :shock::lol:

Relaxing late afternoon, cooked a lovely roast beef dinner, OH made pudding from plums and blackberries, a sort of egg custard with some ground almonds to take up the fruit juice, it did have a bit of a soggy bottom but tasted good.

It stopped raining at 7pm and the sun came out, think it will be chilly this evening and overnight.

Oh DM that sounds lovely I would love to go to that one year !

Details

Stick it in your diary to look out for it next year - we are usually there unless it's raining, so let me know which day you're going. Another one you might like if you're into vintage is the Kop Hill Climb, lots of people dress in period costume for that. We are going on Sunday this year unless it rains.

Thanks I will definitely try to go next year :D

As for our weather today overcast cold and the odd shower with hail thinking tonight will be a log burner night