Luvachicken Posted June 27, 2012 Share Posted June 27, 2012 Has anyone bought one of those Karcher window washers ? The lady in the advert kind of has a race with a traditional window cleaner. She doesn't drop any water and her windows are smear free. Is this thing any good ? I would love to do the insides of my conservatory windows without getting stuff everywhere. My Mum and Dad saw it on QVC and said it looked really good, but is it ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted June 27, 2012 Share Posted June 27, 2012 My Husband is in the window trade - I will ask him. But I think he uses Mr Muscle glass cleaner & paper clothes to clean the insides of any windows he has dealt with Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted June 27, 2012 Share Posted June 27, 2012 Has anyone bought one of those Karcher window washers ?The lady in the advert kind of has a race with a traditional window cleaner. She doesn't drop any water and her windows are smear free. Is this thing any good ? I would love to do the insides of my conservatory windows without getting stuff everywhere. My Mum and Dad saw it on QVC and said it looked really good, but is it ? It would have been on Ideal World No idea how good it is but they are not the cheapest place to buy it from. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SpeckledyEgg Posted June 27, 2012 Share Posted June 27, 2012 My mum bought one of those and she absolutely loves it! She has a long low farmhouse with glass windows/ patio doors along the full length, so a huge expanse of glass - which is constantly smeared by humans, birds, and hot dog noses... so she used to sit ton the sofa and sigh at all the smears (I used to hear it all lol)... she has a window cleaner once a month for the outsides but now she can do the insides with the Kaarcher thingy too it makes all the difference.... hope that helps! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 27, 2012 Share Posted June 27, 2012 Do you have a nice window cleaner who would clean them for you? I hate cleaning windows and luckily have a lovely chap who does all the outsides for £7 once a month. On alternate months he makes sure to come when I'm on lunch break and he cleans all the inside windows, including the sanded glass in the interior doors and all the mirrors; costs me £16, sometimes I round it up to £20. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted June 27, 2012 Author Share Posted June 27, 2012 My Husband is in the window trade - I will ask him.But I think he uses Mr Muscle glass cleaner & paper clothes to clean the insides of any windows he has dealt with Mr.Muscle is what I usually use. It always looks good until the sun shines on it and then it just shows all the smears. Perhaps it is another item to put on my Christmas list Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 27, 2012 Share Posted June 27, 2012 Vinegar and newspaper works well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted June 27, 2012 Author Share Posted June 27, 2012 Vinegar and newspaper works well. That's much cheaper too. How do you do it with vinegar and newspaper ? Isn't it a bit smelly ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted June 28, 2012 Share Posted June 28, 2012 Vinegar and newspaper works well. That's much cheaper too. How do you do it with vinegar and newspaper ? Isn't it a bit smelly ? Wash them with a bit of white vinegar and hot water and then dry with scrunched up newspaper. Sounds strange but it does work Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 28, 2012 Share Posted June 28, 2012 Exactly any scent soon evaporates. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted June 28, 2012 Share Posted June 28, 2012 I use white vinegar solution in a spray bottle (dilution rate not important, I guess I use a tablespon in a pint of water?), and two microfibre cloths. I spray the solution on a bit of the the window, use one cloth to clean, making sure the cloth is flat not scrumpled. Takes less than a minute. Then I go over with the other cloth, which removes any residue. Takes less than 30 seconds to do each window. Takes longer on full length doors, maybe 1 minute? Same process if i clean outide, but it takes a bit longer as there is often bird poo or something else to get off. I have a window cleaner to do the outside. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted June 28, 2012 Author Share Posted June 28, 2012 Thats cool. Does it really work and leave streak free windows though ? My Mr.Muscle is almost empty so I will fill it with some vinegar and water instead, and I think I have some of those cloths somewhere. Thanks everyone xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sadietoo Posted April 11, 2013 Share Posted April 11, 2013 Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have just bought one of these and I think it is brilliant so thought I would share...it does a much better job than my window cleaner used to before he gave up his round. It is very quick and easy. I just bought the basic one without the spray bottle (most people don't rate those anyway) and without the smaller squeegee bit...now wishing I'd bought both sizes. It was just under £50 on amazon, and will therefore pay for itself in no time when compared to the £15 I used to be charged for outside only. I used an indoor spray bottle from Robert Dyas, with HG Window Cleaner (half a teaspoon to the litre in the bottle so it will last forever at £2.99!) and j-cloth for washing, then a microfibre cloth for just going round the edges. I am very happy with the streak free results. There is a downside...like others have said, the battery doesn't last that long and you don't really get a warning that it's about to expire, so you can't really do all round inside and out in one hit, if like us you have a lot of windows. Once I've been round once I'll try to do it a bit more piecemeal. We are in a bungalow with a conservatory attached and have two sets of patio doors and four large folding inside doors so we were "Smudgy Glass City" and now we are sparkling and clean (mostly) . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted April 11, 2013 Share Posted April 11, 2013 I treated myself to one last week, having seen it in action at a friend's house. I kept meaning to mention it on here. It is absolutely fantastic, and is also brilliant on bathroom tiles and shower cubicles. Definitely going to be the next Omlet 'must have'. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted April 11, 2013 Share Posted April 11, 2013 We have one...hubs in officially in lurve with it! His new toy...he loves clearing the shower steamed up mirror with it in the morning I hadn't noticed it was an old thread Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
surfer_chicken Posted April 11, 2013 Share Posted April 11, 2013 We've had one since the summer now, though it's not been used for cleaning yet! We use it to go around the inside of the house every morning as we always get condensation. It collects more water each morning then you'd expect and the house is feeling a lot less damp (and we didn't have to open the windows in the cold winter to clear up the water ) We got one for my grandparents for Christmas for their conservatory, which also gets condensation every morning, and they love it too. Ours are off ideal world, as mentioned above somewhere. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted April 11, 2013 Share Posted April 11, 2013 Definitely going to be the next Omlet 'must have'. *hands over ears* la la la can't hear you! Just off to Google it, just looking, you know Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted April 11, 2013 Share Posted April 11, 2013 Definitely going to be the next Omlet 'must have'. *hands over ears* la la la can't hear you! Just off to Google it, just looking, you know It's not your ears you need to cover Ollie, it's your eyes! I too am very tempted....... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted April 12, 2013 Share Posted April 12, 2013 Definitely going to be the next Omlet 'must have'. *hands over ears* la la la can't hear you! Just off to Google it, just looking, you know Same here But windows are very messy due to dogs Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted April 12, 2013 Author Share Posted April 12, 2013 I'm glad you are pleased with them cos I did buy one but haven't had a chance to use it yet in all this horrible weather. Mind you, this is the last day of my Easter holiday and there is a bit of sun about at the moment, so I could do it later. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted April 26, 2013 Author Share Posted April 26, 2013 I used the window vac and thought it was fab. I have a few smears but I think I need a bit more practise. And I need to get the smaller sized head for some fiddlier windows. Overall I think it worked a treat Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mercedes55 Posted May 2, 2013 Share Posted May 2, 2013 I bought one this morning so haven't had the chance to try it out yet. I was just about to order it from Amazon and then saw it was reduced by 25% in B&Q. Their website said our local branch had some in stock, went down there yesterday but they had none. Came home and did a "reserve and collect". Didn't get the confirmation phone call to confirm it was ready to be picked up so phoned B&Q at 7am to check and yes it was in stock. Quickly got washed and dressed and dashed down there. Eventually found a member of staff and picked it up and paid for it. Was just walking back to the car when I looked at the box and saw it said W50 on it, when it should have said W60. Had to go back into the store. No one could find any of the 27 that the system said were in stock, apart from one empty box. Eventually they found one languishing on a really high shelf so hopefully that box will have everything inside that it should have We have an 8ft pair of french doors going into the conservatory and the conservatory has about 12 big panes of glass plus the doors so hopefully going to have some fun using it. Also have 3 of those georgian type interior doors but not sure if it will be able to clean small panes like that. Yesterday I did them by hand and I counted 60 panes of glass in just those 3 doors. We do pay the window cleaner to do the outside but have a couple of windows that we have to clean by hanging out of the bedroom window as the window cleaner can't reach them. I will also have a go at the inside of all the main windows which I think comes to about 11 windows in total Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 24, 2014 Share Posted May 24, 2014 Thankyou to Olly for pointing me towards thus thread, can't believe I missed it last year. We will be off to buy one tomorrow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
newcountrygirl Posted May 25, 2014 Share Posted May 25, 2014 I have one too. It is extremely good, especially if you have big windows or patio doors. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 26, 2014 Share Posted May 26, 2014 I have had a play with mine on my patio doors, it left them a bit streaky, but the son was shining on them and I don't think that I had them wet enough. They look really clean in dull weather though Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...