jam

Quote Bank

Hey all,

There's nothing more that really gets me going on a gloomy day than a good quote, from a friend, a song or one of history's great thinkers. Just thought that perhaps people might like to share any quotes they may have tucked behind their ear?

My favourite one at the moment is:

'Both faith and fear may sail into your harbour, but allow only faith to drop anchor'

Not sure who originally said it, but I found it in Bear Gryll's brilliant autobiography 'Mud, sweat and tears'

Life is what happens whilst you are busy making other plans.

And I live my life by, don't cry over spilt milk, because what is done is done and it is not worth losing any sleep over it, by all means try to make ammends if that is what is required, but wallowing in self pity just isn't me.

Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.........

Good intentions butter no parsnips.......

The curtain of apathy has just been pulled across the window of opportunity........

Soapdragon...the first one is I think attributable to Shirley Conran the original Superwoman and I've quoted it forever, the last one sounds like a quote from "I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue"! I like it!

My particular favourites are

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

And a couple from Pooh ..... "Promise you'll always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.." A A Milne.

" how lucky I am to have somethingthat makes saying goodbye so hard" A A Milne

The road to hell is paved with good intentions....

I don't actually believe in 'hell' (unless its the middle of a pike block wearing the wrong sized back and breast or in the January sales :doh: ) but get the general gist of it!!!

The inimitable and rather clever Terry Pratchett mainatains that 'million to one chances happen nine times out out of ten'..........

As for the 'curtain of apathy' quote my ex boss used it frequently (not to me, I might add!! :lol: )

My favourite (as the boys at school know only too well), is by Edward Young.

'Procrastination is the thief of time.'

Closely followed by 'Carpe Diem! Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary.' From the movie Dead Poets' Society.

The first quote I now have on a garden wall put there as a moss sculpture by my YS, with a chicken. I have a picture of it that I will upload later when I remember how!

'It will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end'

From the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel movie... Which I love and Could watch a hundred times. I find it a warm, comforting quote.

My new mantra for life :D

I had not seen the film when I posted this. I have just watched it with OH and YD. What an amazing heart warming film, and what a cast. I want to be just like Judy Dench when I grow up 8)