Cooks

Lily's Home

If it makes you any happier Karin, Lily was 5.2kg today and she's two weeks younger :lol::lol: vet was very happy with her progress and delighted when weighing her and I told her to 'sit' he was amazed :lol::lol:

She had her 2nd innoc and chip and didn't make a murmur , there's been me feeling sick about it all day :roll:

Glad all went well. Honestly if I had known how much the chip hurt Lara I would have waited until she was neutered. It may have been because she was smaller than your girl :? We heard a Shi tzu who was getting a chip howling terribly too :( Not sure about Lara's weight either. She was 1.5 at eight weeks and at 13 weeks was 2.5. I am not sure how much I should feed her really as I do not know how accurate the amounts are on the bag :? She is on Hill's dried food. We are due to see the vet nurse on Friday for more worming meds so will try to find out about her weight etc then.

TBH I never go by the weights on the bag - like washing powders I think they are designed to get you through the packet quicker so that you buy more! I feed what they need ad adjust it by looking at the condition of the dog; puppies need feeding more often as you know, but they should finish each meal and should look lean, with their coat in good condition and be full of energy.

In this hotter weather, make sure that they are getting enough liquid by adding some water to their dried feed.

Mine get very little kibble and mostly raw, but I adjust their feed according to the season and the amount of exercise they are getting.

Lily is on Royal Canine Medium Junior and I give her what it says on the bag, however some of this is also in her kong for playing, which she loves and has mastered far too quickly that rat. :roll:

The vet said she is just a chunky cocker solution the weight gain she's had is normal for two weeks. I just worry I guess but she's doubled in size since we brought her home :lol: That girl likes her food!

Her and Suze play constantly! They wake up and that's the first thing they do and they are still playing at bedtime :lol: it's like having hyperactive children. :roll:

I think the reason she didn't yelp at the chip is because of her extra folds of skin :lol: cockers have skin in abundance!