Alis girls

Small kitten = big mayhem

This lad has taken over. He is a ginger mass of testosterone - soon to be neutered as hes started to mount our elderly cat who looks very alarmed :shock: This morning arrived home from supermarket laden with bags to be met by OH holding a bic razor and looking puzzled (this is an intelligent man you understand) " whats this?" his nibs asked - the urge to say "d'oh aah fink its a razor" was huge. It appears he found it on the hall mat. Basil the bad our kitten had picke it up and bought downstairs. Probably wanted to shave his legs.

Last night was kneeling over bath (showers broken) washing my hair - had only my nighty on (to much info?) and felt cold pads on my legs as Basil walked over me and then something snuffling up my nighty (wasnt wearing my drawers) so shrieked at him. hes a perv. This kitten is a nightmare in a ginger coat but we love him.

Last night was kneeling over bath (showers broken) washing my hair - had only my nighty on (to much info?) and felt cold pads on my legs as Basil walked over me and then something snuffling up my nighty (wasnt wearing my drawers) so shrieked at him. hes a perv. This kitten is a nightmare in a ginger coat but we love him.

:lol::lol::lol: Thank you so much for sharing this. I am still giggling. Enjoy these days, they don't last forever, unfortunately!

Basil the bad aka Basilaous (as his surnames Greek and Basil is a Greek name believe it or not) loves pens. he is a frustrated writer. We can never find a pen and the boys have to keep school pencil cases closed. I find pens under sofas ,in the bath - he is a cleptomaniac in a ginger coat. I hope he will calm down when his balls have gone.

new trick - hes the Andrex kitten - loo roll all over hall today. :roll: Not cheap ones either so non too happy. My OH met me at the door and said "guess what hes done today?" - hes in the drawer of the desk snoozing now. Every so often a paw comes out and waves at me - slightly spooky especially if you arent expecting it :shock:

:D

He sounds great :lol: We never did go ahead and get a youngster for our older boy, and now he has gone to live with a friend of mine as we didn't think it was fair to transport him all this way on his own (he is a very nervous traveller) so we are without mogs for the first time in about 30 years and I miss having something to pander too :lol:

Mind you I spoke to my brother this morning on the phone. He has recently acquired his first ever cat (kitten) for his daughter. She sounds like your boy, all I could hear the whole time was a bell tinkling as she stuck her nose into everything and my brother saying in ever more shrill and panicked tones 'Get off'....'Get off'...'Get OOOOFFFFFFFF' He's more used to dogs which take some notice of their owners :lol:

That'll teach me :(

OH has just rung up whilst out on his bike, somebody has thrown away a plastic bag full of very very very tiny kittens, eyes still closed :evil:

We just don't have the facilities here to raise them, I've no idea where I could get syringes or pipettes (we are seriously remote) or the right milky things to put in them. Added to which we will be travelling very soon.

Its heartbreaking.

Well, we've just rung our vet friends back in the UK. The advice is that they are so young that they will have very little chance of survival, OH thinks they are a few days old at the very most, so we're not sure if they've had colostrum.

Unfortunately there are no rescues anywhere near here, and the vet doesn't take in strays.....I guess this is the tough face of living in a country which doesn't take animal welfare as seriously as the UK :(

Daphene - that is so sad. are you living there or holidaying? typing with one finger as Basil is attempting to shred nets. :shock: Clare - i am hopeless at photos - might try and put on facebook page - will ask my 12 yr old for help. I spend all day screechin "Basiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill" in my best Sybil voice. Daphene i feel your brothers pain.

sorry Daphene i see you are living in Portugal. have u got hens, apoolgies still typing with one hand - wiggly kitten in other. should say wiggly farty kitten in other :vom: he looks like Cinamons kitten - who posted a pic of her kitty with tail in her bathwater :lol: I will see re photos.

No I am hen-less at the moment :( Although I've been offered a solo hen who is being picked on, and I've seen very healthy looking hybrids for sale in the local monthly market which would be a new experience for me. I don't think my big orps would like it here, its about to get roasting hot :D

If you manage to get a photo that would be lovely. I'm sorry to have hijacked the thread and having a cute fluffy would get it back on track nicely :D We used to have a cat called Basil, and friends have got one now - he is black with the most enormous bushy tail 8)

Basil is ball- less in Mill Hill. The reassuring letter from the vet says " Basil needs to be kept warm and will be quieter than usual" - now warm isnt a problem -however I have seen him flying past skidding on the wooden floor :roll: The letter says " basil will need a bland diet for 24 hours eg chicken and rice" no prob there left over chicken in fridge and have cooked a Basil sized portion of rice. Sadly the vet didnt tell Basil this - he wants his normal grub and aint happy with slop. I know our lovely vet has cats - surely he knows that they never ever do whats expected. I have visions of distraught owners ringing up anxiously cos their pet doesnt do what it says in the letter. :lol:

They certainly dont do what they are expected too thats for sure - so glad I am not the only one cursed/blessed with a naughty animal. I always have the cat which removes its own stitches, the rabbit that manages to slip its lamp shade collar off despite only having 3 legs. Oh to have a boring animal who complies - bu then i wouldnt be writing this would I? I was thinking of re writing the letter and giving it back to the vets tongue in cheek - I think they would find it funny. I always laugh when my human patients bring in their post op instructions and worry they dont fit into a neat pigeon hole. :D