Ziggy

Introducing Yeti

I've been lurking around the forums recently, but some of you might remember me as a slightly more active member...

We have many pets (currently over 45), amongst which our lovely Irish Setter Charlie, and I couldn't resist coming to share the news of a new puppy to join us in August... Yeti was born on 4th June, and we had been looking for her for over a year...

Here she is, amongst her siblings...

image-7.jpeg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

image.jpeg

It's been a long wait, but hopefully all will go well now. Her dad is a stunning, very fluffy boy, and as can be seen on the pictures her mum is lovely.

Feeling very excited!!

They are gorgeous and what a fab name! I have never seen a white Alsatian before but someone in our local park has a blue one called Blue :lol: I remember this time last year waiting to bring home my puppy. Such an exciting time and seemed to take forever until we could bring her home. Look forward to seeing more photos :D

Thanks everybody :) .

The breeder has been quite good at sending updates and pictures (and even a short video!!), so hopefully I can keep posting pics from time to time...

I hadn't planned on a german shepherd, I had actually thought for a while we might get a second setter, but then something amazing happened : all my daughters (yes, all four of them!!!) actually for once in their life agreed on something, so I just had to make it happen.

DD2 mentioned she'd like a german shepherd and asked for a book about them. DD4 wants a wolf!!! (so we thought of a husky but after reading about them, I wasn't sure it was the right dog for us). DD1 fell in love with a wolf / german shepherd cross named Yeti, which we meant a year and a half ago on a holiday in Lapland. He was a huge, fluffy dog, and she totally adored him. So I thought, how about a white long haired german shepherd? It's the breed DD2 wants, looks more like a wolf than a setter ever could, and will be similar to the one DD1 fell for. DD3 totally agreed and the four of them decided the pup should be named after lapland Yeti, so here we go! Of course I read and researched and talked to breeders, we didn't just throw ourselves into this un-informed!

Thanks again everyone for all the lovely comments :) .

Here are a couple of shots of 'Lapland Yeti', who inspired us to look for our own Yeti :

390071_10150464726233463_2126577751_n.jpg

406520_10150464724988463_1901488454_n.jpg

Our best dog ever was a German Shepherd who lived with us for 15 years. They are so intelligent, but it is important to train them well. I found other people were frightened of this big fierce dog so she had to be super well behaved when we were out. She'd lick them to death but many non-dog people automatically class them as aggressive.

Yeti looks adorable - it's re-awakening my yearning for another GSD!

Ahhh the puppies are so cute.

I agree about Huskies; my ex had one - mad as a bag of frogs :roll:

Our Millie, a silver lab must be related to a husky, I couldn't think of a better way to describe her, she is lovely but she is as mad as a bag of frogs :D:D a puppy in a four year old dogs body :D:D

Chrissie

Quick update : we're picking Yeti up on Saturday morning :)

Feeling excited. I still remember what an upheaval it was getting a first puppy three years back... the first few weeks were not easy (I had depression at the time which didn't help) and despite having read and prepared so much, it was quite a life-adjustment. I'm hoping the second time around will be easier (less stress as we hopefully know what we're doing this time and are prepared not just theoretically but practically too) as I really want to enjoy this little pup rather than spend every moment worrying about everything...

We've been explaining to Charlie about Yeti, but as he doesn't speak human, I wonder what he'll think when Yeti arrives... I hope he'll be pleased to finally get a playmate who'll want to play with him, instead of cats that scratch him on the nose and chickens that try to peck him when he tries to play...