LolaLayla

Waterpik - Any users?

[quote="luvachicken"

She said it shouldn't be used instead of flossing but as well as :?

That sounds like a bit of an overkill :shock: I had a check with floss after using the waterpik in a particularly bad spot and the floss was totally clean. My dentist is happy for me just to use it as I think I mentioned she was so impressed with the condition of a patient's teeth she tried it and was converted.

DM my jewellery is shining :D

I had a 3 mth check up for my gums and the dentist says they are looking really healthy and no bleeding when she stabbed them with that scaley thing they use....all good and she says to keep using it . And I can go back to 6 mth check ups too.

My OH has just been home on leave after being given 10 days off for the Eid holiday out in Oman, he got a cheap flight and came home :D:D But with my Birthday just a day or so into his leave what does he Buy ???? An air pick to take back as he is missing my waterpik. No mention of my Birthday at all. :shock::shock: In fact concerning B'day I had to remind him about it, he didn't bat an eyelid just asked what did I intend to get for myself ?

I can't help but think when he is retired from forces he is in for a big shock living at home with me I can tell you.

He is more than pleased with the air pik .

I hadn't really read this thread until now, this sounds like a must for me, my teeth are very close together and I find flossing very difficult. I have an electric toothbrush which has helped a lot, but come from a family which has suffered with gum disease, both grandparents had otherwise healthy teeth removed in early 60s. My OH has very weak teeth and has spent a fortune at the dentist over the years and is always getting food lodged in difficult to reach places.

I think that the rechargeable one looks good because we already have the toothbrushes plugged into the shaver points in the bathroom and shower room.

This forum has a lot to answer for, although it must be good for the economy in general just not our own personal bank balances. :lol:

Six months on and just been to the dentist - got the all clear 8) .

I had been a bit concerned as there was one tooth that bled and hurt a bit when the Waterpic hit it. The dentist said there's nothing wrong with the tooth but said it could just be the angle of the Waterpic that's making the jet hit the gum line and making it bleed. Will need to adjust my angle!

One of the few gadgets I've bought over the years that I'm still using every day :D .