LolaLayla

Waterpik - Any users?

Still use mine twice daily, I have the occasional problem with gums bleeding as well ANH I just have to avoid that bit for a couple of days and then, as your dentist said, adjust the angle.

Unfortunately OH is not so diligent and stopped using it after the first month, he is having some false teeth this month and the dentist says he must up his hygiene routine so hopefully he will start using the waterpic again.

Well done :D:clap: . I've got an appointment in a few weeks, I'll hope for the same result!

Funny, I was thinking of updating my experience of the Waterpik on here! I still use mine every night before brushing my teeth and often after eating during the day too, if I happen to be at home (it would be tricky away from home :lol: ).

It's amazing what's left behind in your mouth when you think you've swallowed everything :shock: . I find lettuce, cereals, dried fruits & nuts and wholegrain bread, amongst other things, are the worst culprits (it's the healthy things, annoyingly :roll: ).

One year on from the last post and 2 1/2 years since I bought my Waterpik, I still love it and use it 2 or 3 times a day but the battery just doesn't hold a charge at all now :( . I suppose 2 1/2 years is pretty good but I don't know why they can't be made to last longer :? .

Wondering about a Phillips one now, for a change. Anybody got one of them?

Just to resurrect this topic; the battery on mine finally gave out after 2 years of using it once daily. Boots no longer stocks them, but Waterpiks are still available online, so I shopped around and was seduced into buying a cheaper alternative..... lived to regret it though - ruddy thing was made in China, worked once and never again!!! I returned it for a full refund and got another Waterpik - the battery seems to have more staying power, an the pump is smoother sounding. I am back in love with my dental power flosser!