LolaLayla

Waterpik - Any users?

I tend to get drenched and was a bit useless with it. I use those little stubby brushes instead of floss which is much easier and I have one of those pointed tools of dental torture and really give my teeth a good old clean with all that.

I didn't realise just how useless just brushing is before.

My dentist is very pleased with my efforts.

My husband uses the water thing and likes it very much. Takes up a bit of space though and looks a bit clinical.

I got one for my ED to help clean her brace and its good I got the nano travel version as at the time there were no special offers on the bigger one but I'm pleased with it, its nice and small to keep on the side and plugs in the shaver socket also its great for cleaning the sink it cleans out bits from the outside of the plug hole that you can't see.

I use those little stubby brushes instead of floss which is much easier

I had wondered about trying those but the dentist said my teeth are too close together. I have looked at youtube to see how to use the Waterpik and it seems that unless you keep your mouth closed you can spray everything and drench yourself :shock:

Didn't realise you could get rechargeable. OH was complaining a bit about having to put a socket in the shower room if I wanted to get this which would involve him crawling around the eaves.......and he isn't getting any younger :wink:

I will have a look at the other option. Until recently I had no idea these inventions existed :shock:

The Boy has an Airpic thingy and he loves it; I have used it a couple of times and asked a dental hygienist friend what she thought.... she doesn't rate them and suggests sticking to dental tape. I use an electric toothbrush, but hardly ever floss (life is too short) and my dentist always exclaims how clean my teeth are. I guess I must be doing something right.

I was in Boots and saw the rechargeable one yesterday so bit the bullet and bought it. It was probably not the cheapest place to get it but what with vouchers and availability I went for it. I have tried it out and really like it. I did have to refill the container 3x during the process but it may be that I will speed up and use less water :?

I have to say during my life I have not been a great flosser! Recently though I have had problems with food becoming trapped following a replacement filling and had to use floss every day for that. I always found it such a faff with the string so this devise seems the perfect answer. OH was telling me that his dentist had told him to floss but he is not the most patient and has found it difficult to do and has not persevered so he is thinking of trying it too.

So glad I scrolled down and saw this.

I have a water pic coming in the morning .

I have awful arthritis in my hands so flossing can be difficult. As I have crowns and very close fitting teeth which are now suffering receding gums ( age linked I'm afraid 60 isn't that far away, and they call it gum disease these days , I think I prefer age related gum receding .) My dentist suggested a water pic when I saw her last week, so I have bought the complete care with extra heads so OH can have a go , when he is home too.

My dentist offered to show me how to use it if I have any trouble, very nice of her , she suggested a tea towel round my neck till I get used to it. Then she laughed...trying to tell me something I think. I shall let you know how I get on.