LolaLayla

Waterpik - Any users?

When I first heard about it I thought the only one was the 'plug into the shaver socket' sort. As we don't have shaver socket in the bathroom I had to look around and when in Boots saw the rechargeable one. There seem to be a number of models but the only downside I can see to the one I have in comparison to the shaver socket one is that it has a smaller water reservoir so I usually fill mine up twice each time I use it. As it only takes 3 seconds to do that it is not really an issue.

I am on 'no non-essential spending' regime but I broke the rules to buy one of these last week, after reading the reviews above. I'm really conscientious about cleaning my teeth because I've had a lot of problems and I have several crowns and an implant. The hygienist says my gums aren't healing and I'm seeing her every 4 months at the moment so I'm anxious to improve things.

I bought the Boots cordless one (wish I'd spotted the 10% discount online!) and I'm very pleased with it although initially I thought it looked a bit flimsy for what it cost. The reservoir does need refilling but as you're standing at the sink that's no hardship. The test for me will be when I see the hygienist again in July, but so far I am pleased I bought it.

Apparently it's also really good for cleaning jewellery! :lol:

Well, I've had mine for a few days now and am getting the hang of it. The tricky bit is keeping it your mouth when you want to change direction to another part of your mouth :lol: . I've started using the twirly wheel to rotate the head which does make it a bit easier. I do have to fill it up twice but as said by others, that takes seconds.

Not noticed a lot of gunk in the sink, tbh, but maybe I've just been eating so healthily, there's no gunk in there :whistle: . Yeah, right :lol: .

I only wish you could look in the mirror to see where you're going but that would necessitate a change of clothes and a mopping up of the bathroom every time you used it!

So far, so good 8) .

I have a sonic care air floss, you can get splatter of water on the mirror and make sure you use it between your teeth and not too high onto the gum, any cleaning between adjacent teeth is good whether its floss, inter dental brushes or air/water piks if ur gums bleed at during brushing means there inflammed , gum disease is very common and gets ignored.

My ED has had hers for a week now and she told me off today for not getting her one sooner. :?:

I mean I only ordered mine at the end of March !

She flosses and uses interdental brushes ,before brushing . And now a week of using the waterpik she has decided she is wasting money on all the other stuff as the " Ultra " ( which is the one I bought her ) does it all for her.

What can I say, I was only advised last month by my dentist to get one which I did..... I should never have told her about it or let her have a try of mine . See what I get for being a good Mother and buying her one too....A telling off :lol: : :lol:

The tricky bit is keeping it your mouth when you want to change direction to another part of your mouth :lol: . I've started using the twirly wheel to rotate the head which does make it a bit easier.

Not noticed a lot of gunk in the sink, tbh, but maybe I've just been eating so healthily, there's no gunk in there

I don't use the twirly wheel at all. I was trying to analyse what I do and I think I get round the problem by moving my head and using the on/off switch when changing to a different area.

I have mega gunk :vom: However it can be bits of fruit skins when I am eating healthily :angel: I think I probably just have a lot of gaps where food gets trapped.

I really love the clean feeling you get using it :)

I had the Philips air version, but, having followed the thread, I decided to give the Waterpik a try.

I think both of them are very good, and yet they are very different. The Air version feels much more powerful. But. But (a big but). it seems best designed for between the teeth; it's tedious to try and use it along the gum line.

The Waterpik was fairly easy to use (thanks to the learnings from the thread). The tip about using it before brushing was especially useful. I found that it did a fairly good job of cleaning between my teeth. Where I found it really scored was both along the gum line, and on the inside-side of my back teeth. My teeth felt vey clean afterwards, and the first couple of times I used it, I found I just kept probing the inside back teeth with my tongue, it felt so smooth and clean.

I have no patience to use two devices ( in addition to my toothbrush) so I'm going to carry on with the Waterpik. I'll see if my Dentist says anything at my next checkup.

I bought mine in my local Boots. The price was the same as the discounted-online price.

Thanks for the recommendation.

That Man has some Cheek ! The OH is home and we are actually fighting over who gets to use the water flosser first, like children :oops::oops: I have offered to buy him one but he suggested I just replace mine and he can take mine with him next week :!::!::!:

So I can say all in all my whole family think it is one neat bit of equipment to have in the bathroom and well worth using. And use it we do .

Ditto. When I first used it I didn't experience the 'clean' feeling that others have reported. However I was away from home and stopped using it for a week and I really noticed the difference. When I've used the Waterpik first, it feels as if the toothbrush is just polishing them because they're already clean.

I was in the States last week or two and they had them in Walmart for about $45including tax (about £27.50)- did not know if I could get a charger for here though and so did not buy one - wishing I had done so though but still use the air flosser every day morning and night - and took that on holiday as miss it when i do not.

Still love mine 8) . I even use it during the day if I've eaten something crumby like toast or crisps - amazing what comes out of your mouth :shock: .

I've also found another use for it. It fair cleans up the bases of the bathroom sink taps and where the plug chain is attached - bit messy if you're not careful with the direction but cleans out all that gunk!

I am charging mine about once a week. I like the idea of cleaning jewellery with it. I must admit I have looked at Lara's back teeth which are a bit discoloured and though I bet the waterpik could sort that out :vom: Don't worry I am not going to try it :lol::lol:

Don't know about the tea stains, sorry. I do think my teeth look a bit whiter, although that might be different toothpaste!

Life's too short to floss AND waterpik :roll: . I thought it was designed for those people who find flossing difficult (it always made my gums bleed and got stuck between my teeth :? ).

I'm happy to keep going with my Waterpik - at least I use it daily, something I could never make myself do with flossing. Going to the dentist early August - will be interested to hear his opinion.