Leicester_H

Fingers crossed for Pippa please.

Hi (again!)

Seems like our ex-bats are 'worn out' and becoming ill- we've had them for just over a year (only one, Didge, didn't make it to the year mark)

Pippa has been to the vet twice recently - both times had high temp and given 2 injections (antibiotic and anti inflammatory)

We're still giving Pippa oral Baytril , so fingers crossed for a better outcome than Woo Woo.

I suppose this is the downside of adopting ex-bats.

H

All credit to you for taking them on Leicester_H. I get very upset when we lose any of ours and that is the biggest downside to keeping chickens in my opinion. Even Pedigrees have to go sometime and we have lost a lot of oldies in the last few years. You just do the best you can and hope you have the strength to not let them suffer in the end.

Good luck with Pippa.

I get very upset when we lose any of ours and that is the biggest downside to keeping chickens in my opinion.

Thanks for that - helpful to know its not just me being silly over 'just' a chicken.

Good luck with Pippa.

Thanks.

It has made me question whether to get more ex-bats when the time comes. Its so rewarding when they recover and they're such friendly little things but losing them is so difficult. I know I should concentrate on their year of freedom, sun-bathing, treats etc. but its difficult.

Thanks for all your support, H

Hope she recovers,I think with batties you just have to be glad each day they have with you.Of my 10 1 died after 4 months,3 in Jan,16months one this week,21 months and the rest look really healthy and 3 are laying.As said they are so cute and I was lucky my lot tamed really quickly.I would def get more in future.Not least because they have been vaccinated against a lot of things.