Charlottechicken

Just couldn't make a decision!

I'm just impressed you can take a picture without using your hands!

Timer and tripod :wink:

I like that way it matches your jewellery Claire.

Staged, I'm afraid, I wouldn't normally wear them all together. Although the wedding band is silver it was a coincidence I went with blues on that hand! The rings on the right are real and the other two on the left are cheap!

I'd like to paint my toenails (I have very ugly feet so in theory a bit of toenail polish ought to help), but I think it makes my feet look even worse - is that bad choice of colour or just 'cos my feet are awful and beyond help?

Could be colour, although I'm not great with beauty advice! I'm not a fan of reds as I think they always make my nails look small and ragged. Hence, as you can see, no red in my collection.

Could be colour, although I'm not great with beauty advice! I'm not a fan of reds as I think they always make my nails look small and ragged. Hence, as you can see, no red in my collection.

I do like some of your silvery/blues - very effective 8)

There you are then, you should start with a nice silver or metallic mid blue!

I'd steer clear of dark colours, the edges have to be perfect or they look bad, and the solid (non metallic) colours are also quite unforgiving. Crikey, I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about :lol:

If you want to know which nail varnishes are which, they're listed on my blog :wink:

I find that reds can make your toes/fingers look even redder - I love purples and lilacs and denim blue on toes! Maybelline have a great range which really lasts.

However, I ALWAYS use a base coat/ridge filler which evens things out and protects nails from staining. It takes no time to dry and is, I think, really worth it!!

I don't know about base coats as I have acrylic nails these days - i love having my nails painted and left to themselves they always split and flake, so acrylic it is. The beauty of them is that nail polish stays on forever - it wears off before it chips!

However, I would recommend Seche Vite as a top coat - even over 3 or 4 layers of polish, it dries it all to a rock hard finish in about 10 minutes, so no sitting around forever waiting for them to dry 8)

I would recommend Seche Vite as a top coat

Thanks very much for that, Snowy :D

After looking at a few review sites it appears to be the best, so I just bought some!

Seems the best base coat and ridge filler is by China Glaze and the cheapest I can find it is too expensive for me, £8.50 ish on ebay with postage. Cheaper on Amazon but I need a £10 spend.

If you want a polish to last try the China Glaze ones. They are that good, they are a nightmare to remove! :lol: I also like Essie polishes too. Cheap & cheerful Barry M are impressive & I love their colour range. I'm a devil for nail polish & anything ' naily'. I often paint my nails & toes all different colours - I'm alternative! At the moment I have a coral colour on my fingers & I have an OPI orange on my toes with gems on my big toes! However, I will probably do a gel polish on myself tonight ( like shellac), as I'm going the beach & the sand really isn't good for keeping the perfect manicure/ pedicure.

Love your polishes & those rings Charlotte Chicken!

Emma.x

Thank you, CHP!

I'm pretty sure I've seen China Glaze in the Rag Market, so will have to go in soon and restock my varnishes. Think I will go for a nice green and a purple :D My base and topcoats have arrived today and I'll be doing my toenails tomorrow. I'll stick to one colour this time, probably orange :)

Well, just thought I would post an outcome on this. The base and top coats arrived before we went on holiday on 4th July. I did my toe nails on the 3rd. Today is the 14th and they look like this;

IMG_6888.jpg

Eleven days!

The varnish is a really cheap one from Boots, I think it was £1.99, and is only one coat. I've been in the sea, along beaches barefoot, had socks and walking shoes on and walked for miles. The only signs of wear are a little rubbed off my big toenails, it normally takes less than two days to get to that stage. I'm gobsmacked and a convert to base and top coats now :D

That's a tan on my feet by the way, not dirt!

Lovely Nails ladies fingers and toes :lol: YD is quite arty and crafty and does love doing nail designs with nail art pens,gems etc.

I have a severe case of suspected Granuloma Annulare particularly bad on my legs at the moment I'm hoping to get said daughter to do something nice on my toes hoping it might stop people staring at my dreadful legs :wink: