lillybettybabs

Fractured toe

Ouchie! Which one have you broken? When I have broken my little toe (by catching it on to door frame many years ago) I just left it to heal. It was very painful, especially wearing shoes, and the whole side and underneath of my foot went black and blue! You need to rest it, not easy with woofers, and take painkillers if you need to. If, however, you aren't sure, go and see or at least speak to your GP to see what they suggest.

OH did this earlier in the year too the advice is to splint it as it stops it catching and moving around he couldn't stand it on his though and could only wear large shoes. It did heal but then he caught it again and did it twice! Hope you can manage to rest it and get around reasonably comfortably.

I dropped a mallet on my toe several years ago & broke it - it was incredibly painful.

Went to A&E, they said, yes it is broken, but have an x-ray, then made me walk (ouchie, ouchie OUCHIE!) to the x-ray clinic.

The break was confirmed, but they just left it to do its thing :?

It healed a little bent, & seemed to take a long time to not make me wince when I walked, but it did heal eventually.

It can't be pinned as the toe bones are too thin, likewise casted - too small. X-rays don't always show a fracture at first because of the swelling around the toe. Splinting is fine, sometimes you can get kits at chemists for fingers etc or maybe just go to a minor injuries unit. Otherwise leave it be to heal in its own time.

My YD had double bunion surgery a couple of weeks ago and her feet were just bandaged after the op (in which a few bones were broken!!) She is walking now but has to walk flat footed. I guess the same advice would apply to a broken toe - wear shoes with a pretty solid sole and just let it heal